Homelite EZ AO Reassembly, help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw Collectors

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On the bench tonight is my Homelite EZ Automatic chainsaw. 2.5 months ago I diss assembled it to install a whole new throttle handle and did not completely reassemble it because I knew that the carb needed to be rebuilt so didn’t finish. Finally rebuilt the carb yesterday and am a little confused with reinstallation of the many parts. I must confess, I failed to photograph disassembly. I already looked up the parts diagram, but that only kinda helped me. I may have extra parts from the replacement throttle handle mixed in. Can someone else with this saw send me a picture of the intake/carb bay/area? Or help me somehow else? Thanks for your time and any help is greatly appreciated.
IMG_5499.jpeg

Not to take anything away from this site
BUT
Here is a link to a site that is kinda dedicated to Homie saws.
You can find a EZ section.
Just register and ask away.
https://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/
Thanks for that link, I’ll register. Probably for the best since I have 3 other Homelites as well and intend to keep collecting.

Those pictures are very helpful pastryguyhawaii. They also made me realize that I’m missing the piece that says trigger latch on it so I’ll have to order one.
Let me know if you need any more. I just went through the same thing when I had this one apart. Luckily, I have two.
IMG_0075.jpeg
My modest Homelite collection.

Attachments

• IMG_5501.jpeg
    IMG_5501.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Those Poulan 25 series are very good saws also. Poulan made those back when Poulan made good saws. Almosdt throwed one in my salvage for donor parts when I first seen Poulan name on one few years back and I asked about it on this site and was informed it's a keeper and worth fixing. I now keep a eye out for them. I also have one that has OEM electronic ignition. Very reliable little saws.

They were made back when Poulan made good saws.
I once heard a rumor that maybe the Poulan 25DA series is what prompted Homelite to step up to the plate and make the Super EZ. (Industrial version small saws.

I use both the EZ's and the Poulan 25's quite often..

I did not know of the Orange and yellow versions.

Got the carb reinstalled tonight. The old handle is slightly different from the new one and one of the problems is that the new one lacks a hole for the fuel line to insert into the intake bay. For now, I have the fuel line going over the top edge of that bay and the air cleaner and cover will fit over it. That setup will work because this saw will not be used for real work, more so a collectible. I may drill a hole for the fuel line like the old handle had. The saw actually runs and the carb jobs seems successful. Will have to adjust the carb tomorrow. The oiler works so that’s a plus. Will be ordering the throttle lock assembly tomorrow. I managed to lose the screw that I circled in the picture below, but if I’m correct, a new one will come in the throttle latch kit that I ordered anyways. Can someone tell me what that screw type thing does specifically?

Attachments

• IMG_5499.jpeg
    IMG_5499.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 0
The saw runs good now. However, there is a weird gas leak. I did my best to edit the photo to show where the gas is coming from and it’s landing on the muffler. It does this while it’s running.

Attachments

• IMG_5594.jpeg
    IMG_5594.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 0
Back