Homelite misery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricklt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all, first time posting. I have a Homelite UT 10580A that I'm having trouble finding parts for. It had the bar adjustment on the outside of the clutch cover.
I bought it at a thrift store for 5 bucks, without the bar and clutch cover. It only used one nut to hold the clutch cover in place.
I'm wondering if it can be converted to a different clutch cover with 2 nuts. Also wondering if any of you know where I can find parts.
Evidently it's obsolete. I have looked on eBay and Amazon and all the parts sites that I can find. Can't find what I need.
The saw looks brand new. I put gas in it and it started easy. Ran perfectly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This saw had a knob on the clutch cover to adjust chain tension, and 1 threaded stud to hold it on.

That's the one. Any idea where I can find the parts I need?

Surely that saw is not really a Homelite.

I've got a old Sears/Craftsman made by Poulan that looks like that thing, just a different color.

I'm not proud of mine, I do not loan things other than this saw, and it always gets returned. I think maybe the people that borrow it are ashamed to be seen with it in use.
I keep it hid so as people will not see it with my other saws.
Darn thing ALWAYS starts and runs good, but I do not trust it as the only saw back in the deep woods when I really need a good saw.

Good luck with your CHINA CLONE.

This plate says Homelite Consumer Products. Anderson South Carolina. I don't know what to think. Does that mean it was made by Homelite or IS it a Chinese saw?
c62cc6c6ec41bd0fa6559c8b276c2185.jpg

That is the only plate I can find.

The Ryobi Tools brand in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand is licensed by Techtronic Industries of Hong Kong, an original equipment manufacturer for brands such as Milwaukee, AEG (AEG Powertools, licensed from Electrolux), Ryobi, Homelite, Hoover US, Dirt Devil, and Vax. Around 1988, Ryobi purchased the assets of the former Diehl Motor Company (a one-time division of Singer Corporation), which was the supplier of Sears Craftsman hand-held power tools. After the purchase, Ryobi continued to supply Sears with power tools. These tools typically had a model number beginning with "315" or "973".

wikipedia

Techtronic Industries acquired Homelite from John Deere in 2001.[2] Homelite has shifted its production primarily to consumer level lawn and garden equipment and light duty chainsaws. Replacement parts for the older, professional-grade, saws are generally limited to new old stock (NOS) and salvage parts. However, these saws were built to last, and a good percentage of them are still in use to this day. Homelite's parent company is headquartered in Hong Kong.

It's not Chinese. Techtronics Industries owns Ryobi and Homelite. Techtronics is a Japanese company.

Surely that saw is not really a Homelite.

I've got a old Sears/Craftsman made by Poulan that looks like that thing, just a different color.

I'm not proud of mine, I do not loan things other than this saw, and it always gets returned. I think maybe the people that borrow it are ashamed to be seen with it in use.
I keep it hid so as people will not see it with my other saws.
Darn thing ALWAYS starts and runs good, but I do not trust it as the only saw back in the deep woods when I really need a good saw.

Good luck with your CHINA CLONE.
Its not a china clone...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I didn't see the Made in China

Back