Homelite Model 17 chainsaw - Need ignition coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshd93

Reaction score
So I have a 1954 Homelite Model 17 and I need the ignition coil for it. I've heard there are two different types and I'm not sure if they are interchangeable or not. For now though, I would just like to locate one, whatever type it may be. Any one have one or know of someone that could help? Thank you!

Last edited:
Look on your flywheel: what ignition does it have? since there were a couple variations out there, it matters. Or, you could find a donor saw (doesn't have to run well); 4-20, model 17, 5-20, even such models as the EZ-6, Wiz and Zip can donate parts. I'm sure there are some NOS ones around, and its possible that Homelite parts even still catalogs it; there were still EZ-6's and Zips's in warehouse until about 1980.

Look on your flywheel: what ignition does it have? since there were a couple variations out there, it matters. Or, you could find a donor saw (doesn't have to run well); 4-20, model 17, 5-20, even such models as the EZ-6, Wiz and Zip can donate parts. I'm sure there are some NOS ones around, and its possible that Homelite parts even still catalogs it; there were still EZ-6's and Zips's in warehouse until about 1980.

It is a Repco... I did some serious searching and such. The coil on my saw was so "something" that I couldn't make out any lettering or design on it. I had to go by measurements! Thank God for someone that decided to take a picture with a ruler next to theirs!
Specifically the one that the picture is of.View attachment 243014

Back