Homelite parts in Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekymonkey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good morning,

This is my first post.

I was searching for a supplier of Homelite parts and found this website. What a jewel, I've already forwarded the link to a few friends. After some reading I cut down my first tree, a 20' jack pine. All went well although I used my smaller Craftsman saw as my Homelite XL76 is currently out of commission.

I've used my XL76 for cutting mostly oak logs for heating and hadn't used the saw for almost 10 years. Recently I fired it up and right in the middle of complimenting the saw it died on me. After checking the usual suspects (plug, air filter) it looks like no gas is getting to the plug. Further inspection showed the fuel line needs replacing.

It has turned tar-like, I've read here that others have had the same experience. Looks like I'll need to clean out the carb too.

Anyways, I was reading about a Canadian supplier of Homelite parts. I believe the name was Bantas and they were located in Calgary. I've tried Googling the name and have searched this site again but haven't had any luck.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The supplier is Banta Saw located in Warkworth Ontario. They are an aftermarket supplier who have parts for some Homelite saws. Check out their web site WWW.bantasaw.com. From what you are saying about your homelite needing fuel system maintenance you should be able to get the parts locally at your small engine shop, but if not Banta can defiantly hook you up. Any good shop should stock fuel line, fuel filter, carburetor rebuild kit, etc.

Thanks Hard Knocks!

I tried my local small engine shop but didn't get much help. Just a piece of fuel line that's too small. They don't even repair Homelite (Stihl distributor).

I'll call Banta, thanks for your help!!:clap:

Latest posts

Back