Homelite red piant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Homelite shows part number 23475 for red paint on a 650. AFAIK thats a Homelite only number. I've never saw any cross references to any other paint codes. I've purchased a few cans of this actual Homelite paint, but even it was a bit darker than the original, even comparing to spots that had not seen sunlight. I've tried a few different dupli-color and some other Krylons, but none match as they really shoould. Either too orange or not orange enough. I'm itching to get a can of the Ford red that was mentioned on another forum to see how it looks, because in the photos, it looked not bad.

Dan

topgut

topgut

ArboristSite Operative
Duplicolor 1605

I picked up some duplicolor 1605. I also have some massey furguson red from a former project. I'll paint samples up so you can see the original vs differences etc............Have a good day.

habanero

habanero

ArboristSite Guru
I have an interesting observation about Homelite paint color. I just obtained a Canadian VI-922 and sitting next to my 955's, 925, etc. the thing looks almost orange. Anybody know if that is unique to Canadian-made Homelites? It is really a stark difference, and I'm almost certain it hasn't been repainted.

topgut

topgut

ArboristSite Operative
color comparison

See attached pictures. Left is Duplicolor DE1605, center is a new handle, right it Valspar Massey Ferguson classic Red. The handle on the saw is on a homelite 650.

buzz sawyer
See attached pictures. Left is Duplicolor DE1605, center is a new handle, right it Valspar Massey Ferguson classic Red. The handle on the saw is on a homelite 650.

Ditto on the MF red. I used it on my 1050 and it really matches a new handle and clutch cover.

I added a top coat of clear polyurethane to help resist fuel - working very well on the 1050, mac 125, and Mall GP.

Latest posts