Homelite super 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geof

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I have always problem with my homelite super 2. I juste change the carburator kit. Presently I'm able to start the saw only when oiler tube are disconnected ( I do not understand why) When I connect the tube, the saw start only when I put gas in the carburator. The saw burn the carburator gas and stop. I'm not sure what is the right connection for oiler tube. As you seen on the picture I don't have the duckbill valve. I never find one. If you have a good web site to buy this part ask me.

DSCF0042.JPG

Get them at Cassadaga Edge & Engine in New York

Don't run it very long like that, you've got a massive vacuum leak with #2 open. I doubt that is the primary running problem, as it still sounds like you have more carburetor issues. That Walbro carb is a fixed high POS (no adjustment) and needs to swapped with a HDC-67.

You'll need the fitting that goes into the line end inside the oil tank too, you can use either the plastic dual barbed fitting or the sintered metal one. #1 goes to the metal pickup strainer in the tank bottom & #2 is where the fitting & duckbill go, run it at the top of the tank (don't submerge it) The third line down low that is hidden from view goes directly to the chain bar fitting.

Don't run it very long like that, you've got a massive vacuum leak with #2 open. I doubt that is the primary running problem, as it still sounds like you have more carburetor issues. That Walbro carb is a fixed high POS (no adjustment) and needs to swapped with a HDC-67.

You'll need the fitting that goes into the line end inside the oil tank too, you can use either the plastic dual barbed fitting or the sintered metal one. #1 goes to the metal pickup strainer in the tank bottom & #2 is where the fitting & duckbill go, run it at the top of the tank (don't submerge it) The third line down low that is hidden from view goes directly to the chain bar fitting.

Thank you very good information. I hope I will not need to change the carburator. I have found duckbill valve on ebay. I will try to find duckbill valve on local store. Is it a part only on homelite saw?

Thank you very good information. I hope I will not need to change the carburator. I have found duckbill valve on ebay. I will try to find duckbill valve on local store. Is it a part only on homelite saw?

69451 part # i do have some oem ones in stock still not aftermarket

will sell one to you for $ 2.50 plus shipping in a bubble wrap envelope to canada first class international mail your cost on shipping $ 2.95 do you want to add a air filter to the order $ .85 cents additional

oil line fitting they call it the oil filter i have those too

hey gd a little history about jacks is he dont sell oem product on Homelite just what ever stens aftermarket has on hand example a 6????? part # is a stens #

Last edited:

I've had several Super 2s that had high speed adjustment..don't know if the former owner changed them out or what, but I worked on one today that had 2 screws H and L +idle speed screw. I bought one new and have had it for years and it has H and L screws, also so yours may be ok.

There are duckbill valves on lots of saws. Many saws use them in the fuel cap, homelite puts them in the end of the short line in the oil tank and they have one sticking in the top of the fuel tank on the Super 2.

Latest posts

Back