Homelite Super E-Z Auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhellwig

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was rummaging about in an old shed where I live and lookie what I found. A homelite Super E-Z Auto. Kinda neat looking saw. The oiler works. It turned over hard. Once I put mix in it halfway through the first pull it went easier. Seams like good compresion. It didn't seam good that it got lubed up so soon. Maybe a bad case seal. Don't have tools here to check for spark or pull the bar cover off. I looks like a good find though.

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

I don't have any idea how long it has been sitting but I bet 10 years.

:clap: :) :clap: :)

Anyone know.......is the rod thats connected to the throttle
lock go to a compression release?

What would a Super EZ in better condition than that one be worth. I think it's the automatic but I'm not 100% sure unless I looked at it again. It does need a new bar, chain sprocket and clutch but it seems to run good.

My mother has one but has no need for it.

What would a Super EZ in better condition than that one be worth. I think it's the automatic but I'm not 100% sure unless I looked at it again. It does need a new bar, chain sprocket and clutch but it seems to run good.

My mother has one but has no need for it.

Poke around on ebay to see what they are selling for.

I suppose. Maybe I didn't set the throttle the first few times I pulled it over.

Yes, your saw has a compression release, and it's connected to the throttle lock via a little linkage. If you'll look closely you'll see it pull the little plunger up in the cylinder when you set the throttle lock

Yes, your saw has a compression release, and it's connected to the throttle lock via a little linkage. If you'll look closely you'll see it pull the little plunger up in the cylinder when you set the throttle lock

Ditto on the comp release. I've had mine 28 years and it's still a nice saw.

Homelite 330 manual

bgenerotti,
No I have'nt found one yet. The chainsaw
repair manual has it in it I think. Check on-line
for it.

engineian

I have a Super EZ Auto also. Nice saw. If you have time and the few dollars it should take to get it running well, it will be worth it. They are very easy to work on and find parts for. Mine needed more time than money but, I like to play with them, so I didn't mind.

I bought mine new in 1979, it still runs well. It's got a little time on it, I used it to bust tops for a couple summers and cut a bunch of firewood with it. They are a nice lightweight saw for the smaller stuff.

Well I took a look at getting it running today and no spark. It appears to be bad points.

Any suggestions of a good source of parts?
What shape are your points in. I have seen some pretty badly pitted points that a points file will take care of.

Haven't dug that far down yet.

I also want to replace the air filter but the homelite site says it is no longer available.

dont believe what they say ok those filters are too available just got to know who to ask

just cause i show a oregon replacement one you will receive one that is oem till my oem stock inventory is all gone but i will sell the oem the same price as the oregon here is the link your air filter for future reference i have also got super ez parts on hand all you need to do is just ask me

calvin
just cause parts are not listed on my store currently dont mean i dont have them for example your air filter cover i have 1 in stock
http://www.cmsmallengines.net/oregon-replacement-air-filter-for-homelite-a65178.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back