Homelite Super E-Z Auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
engineian

engineian

ArboristSite Lurker
Homelite Super EZ

jhellwig,
I've got lots of projects like that also, I've got a
couple of saws that I need to work on. I have a
Homelite Super XL (Blue in color, original color) that
has a Tillotson carb on it that needs to be rebuilt.
I have lots of Walboro carbs from weed eaters and
such, would one work on the saw?

Thanks,
Engineian

Last edited:
kevin j

kevin j

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
OT but similar: I got a Homelite '150 Auto', acres site says 1986, 16 inch in really nice exterios looking shape with good compression. No chain brake, and not a 'working tool' for me. anyone wants it, pay the shipping cost and its yours. donate some $4 to the site or to the ichfund if you would.

Posted on the want ads, but I messed up and deleted the post.

kcj minnesota

Bushman_269

Bushman_269

ArboristSite Operative
They were a pretty decent little saw. The compression release was overkill on a saw that size but the manual oiler and having controls the same as the bigger Homelites (Super XL's) was helpful once you built muscle memory using the bigger saws. I much prefered it to the 150 Auto. With a 16" bar they were really nice limbing and small firewood saws.

Edge & Engine

Edge & Engine

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
You are providing support behind the flywheel, right? If not aren't you risking damage to the bearings?

No, I just hold onto the flywheel with one hand and use the hammer in the other hand. You won't damage anything unless you 1) hit the flywheel or some other part of the saw by mistake or 2) use a huge hammer and wham at the crankshaft like John Henry.

oldbigred

oldbigred

ArboristSite Operative
i've also made pullers out of angle iron...drill two holes that align with the starter pawl holes on the flywheel...run a couple bolts thru the angle iron into the pawl holes, tighten them down a smidge and give the flywheel a little tap...and they almost always pop right off for me.

Latest posts