homelite super two vi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cop0110

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what saw is this ? my buddys dad has one and wants 50.00 for it. Is it worth collecting?

Depending on where you are at in Ohio that would be a fair price for any good running saw in good shape of that size and age. Around here I see a lot of them and $30-80.00 seems to be the price range. If you are collecting saws then it is up to you but it would not be much of a collectible saw for most.

The VI is similar to the XL/XL-2/Super 2, it just has anti-vibe mounts so the case and handle are different on them. They're decent little saws but suffer from the same oiler woes as the little XL/XL-2/Super 2.

I wouldn't say its worth collecting. There's a ton of em out there. Not as many as the regular Super 2s, but there's a ton. I have a few and I perfer the regular Super 2 personally. If in really really nice shape, I'd give $30-$40, otherwise, no way.

Dan

I was at an auction a few weeks ago and a 200 Classic (much like the Super 2) sold for $125! I couldn't believe it.

Proof that something's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. If that 200 was new, I might stretch my imagination to rationalize that much for it, but if used..... well I guess they're still better off than someone who was trying to flip houses and got stuck.

Dan

Back