Holzfforma Guide Bars on a Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiles79

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Homelite Super 2 and a Homelite 360, both with a D196 bar mount, that I would like to get replacement bars for. I would like a 24" bar for the 360 and a 12" bar for the Super 2, and I don't use either of these saws enough to justify spending too much on the bar.

Has anyone used a Holzfforma bar on an old Homelite? The website (farmertec.com) doesn't give any specifications or dimensions for the bar mount, just listing what models (either Stihl or Husqvarna) that the bar will fit.

I dont have either of those old saws but seen a couple videos on youtube about fitting different bars to them.
You will need to make a collar of some kind to go around the bar studs and grind/drill the oil hole out to get them to work as the homelite has smaller bar studs than most saws.
If you're handy it's an easy job.
Some guys use a cotter key to make a collar for the bar studs, others little pieces of pipe, anything that fills the gap and stays putt works. drilling a new oil hole is easy.

The small saw with a 12 inch bar will be easy, there's only 2 different set ups in that size and the new bar is likely universal and works for both. One oils through the oiler hole, the other has a sperate oiler hole, that's the only difference.

I dont have either of those old saws but seen a couple videos on youtube about fitting different bars to them.
You will need to make a collar of some kind to go around the bar studs and grind/drill the oil hole out to get them to work as the homelite has smaller bar studs than most saws.
If you're handy it's an easy job.
Some guys use a cotter key to make a collar for the bar studs, others little pieces of pipe, anything that fills the gap and stays putt works. drilling a new oil hole is easy.

The small saw with a 12 inch bar will be easy, there's only 2 different set ups in that size and the new bar is likely universal and works for both. One oils through the oiler hole, the other has a sperate oiler hole, that's the only difference.
Thanks for the info!

Back