Cool Little Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple to me is pre EPA strato crap. Why add headaches that isnt needed. :laughing: :cheers:
We have different views on simple, saws are dead simple to work on, stratto or not. Go start messing with something with varraible valve timing, hydro electric injection etc. Heck even a quadrjunk carb is far more complicated then a stratto saw will ever be. Learn the system and move on.

We have different views on simple, saws are dead simple to work on, stratto or not. Go start messing with something with varraible valve timing, hydro electric injection etc. Heck even a quadrjunk carb is far more complicated then a stratto saw will ever be. Learn the system and move on.
You say red I say blue.

Again agree to disagree. Screw EPA stuff.

Thanks for playing along. :laughing:

I work on them 441, but I dont agree with their BS EPA crap.

044 440 so much better built and simple design.

s441cc.jpg

I am not so sure I like the way some maybe most strato saws run. They seem to leap into high power and still work at partial throttle but something about the way they run. Like satisfying was in the post #1 here. You can still get a small open port and maybe even closed port saw with a catalyst. Echo 361p is all I can mention off hand. Another interesting one is the Efco top handle 3600 I just looked at the ipl and no pockets in the piston. Inboard clutch being the cool factor.

Latest posts

Back