Homelite XL-102 Auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
OK, who can tell me something about the homelite XL-102 that I just got from everybodys favorite on line flea market/dump.

It seems to have been barely used. Has the orig. bar/chain and is pretty clean for an old saw. The rings arent even broke in yet, and the muffler is barely discolored.

Its a blue one, anyone knw how old it is ?? I do know that it is 3.5 C.I.D.

Thanks

Mike

Good strong running and light for it's day. Uses same piston as the SXL. Same size engine as the SXL but lighter. I have IPL on the saw but not owners manual. Later Butch

I'm not an expert, but I believe that at about this time Homelite was experimenting with a two-tier product system. The old XL-12/superXL and later models like the 150 were intended for the consumer market, farm-service chain stores, etc. while the snappy-looking models with the neat paint jobs and that cool chrome fan intake screen were marketed mainly to the professional buyer.

The super EZ sold very well in both arenas,however. When Homelite "reintroduced" the superXL (it never rerally went away, just got remarketed) I wished they would have resurrected the superEZ.

Yep: IPL means Illistrated Parts List, and yes it has all the part no.s as well. I'll see what I can do about sending a copy to you.

Back