Homelite xl UT-10753

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenrat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just picked up a real clean Homelite xl, UT-10753, $23.50 on ebay. It looks almost new, no bar or chain. Fires up for a second on starter fluid. Has the primer gas cap, meets CA. 1996 standards. I went to check the air cleaner and started laughing. The only saw I ever had that I could not easily find it. I pulled the recoil side off, nothing. I guess I will have to pull the rest apart. Anybody know anything about these ? Thanks Ken

Just picked up a real clean Homelite xl, UT-10753, $23.50 on ebay. It looks almost new, no bar or chain. Fires up for a second on starter fluid. Has the primer gas cap, meets CA. 1996 standards. I went to check the air cleaner and started laughing. The only saw I ever had that I could not easily find it. I pulled the recoil side off, nothing. I guess I will have to pull the rest apart. Anybody know anything about these ? Thanks Ken

DON'T use starter fluid or carb cleaner to prime a 2-stroke engine. Put some fuel mix in a spray bottle and squirt that in instead. SF has no lubricant. Bad JUJU for two strokes. The AF element is under that black flexible plastic cover on the left side of the front of the top handle where it meets the case. The choke lever pokes through a slot in that cover. Pull the cover and you'll see the green foam filter. They're simple, tough little saws. The nickname for them amoungst my buds is "Bic"............as in the cheap but dependable lighters and BP pens. Post up more questions in the Homelite thread within the "stickies" section at the top of the index.

Here is a link that I used when I had when I had a plastic Homelite. I also found that the saw cut way better once I got rid of the safety chain,but a low pro chisel chain. This will make a good loaner saw when CAD kicks in.

Back