Homemade mill and a few pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevytaHOE5674

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I've cut lots of timber but have been wanting a mill, but being a poor college student puts a real cap on my spending. So when i got home i built myself a mill and strapped my 460 to it with a 20" bar. Dug up some logs and milled up some boards. Next step is 660 and 32" with some nice red oak i have laying around. Onto the pictures.
dscn1633.jpg

dscn1634.jpg

dscn1635.jpg

dscn1636.jpg

dscn1637.jpg

dscn1640.jpg

And the boards:
dscn1638.jpg

dscn1639.jpg

Great job... nothing wrong with being a "poor college student"... some of us are "poor dad's BECAUSE of our poor college students".:dizzy:

Nice little mill, I like your attitude, thanks for posting, keep it up and you will end up addicted like the rest of us.

Thanks guys, one day with the mill and i am addicted. The wood has been cut for over 2 years so it was tough milling. Plans are to make a rustic table for my college apartment right now for practice once it is dry. I have always been a steel fabricator so this will be first jump into wood working, we will see how it goes.

Thanks guys, one day with the mill and i am addicted. The wood has been cut for over 2 years so it was tough milling. Plans are to make a rustic table for my college apartment right now for practice once it is dry. I have always been a steel fabricator so this will be first jump into wood working, we will see how it goes.

I work for a commercial General Contractor and have my hands in everything from wood to concrete to steel. Although there is a big difference between woodworking and steel fabrication you will find that your experience in fabricating steel products will help you out a lot when it comes to building with wood. Best of luck to ya!

Latest posts

Back