Honda GX240 Snowblower Engine on Splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren_nh

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The engine doesn't have an air filter because it is off a snowblower. It has a "breather cap", but looks to have the housing for an air filter.

Will a honda air filter work just placed in the housing or is it more complicated than that? I don't have the engine as I am working from CL pictures.

Thanks.

I took a quick look at what I believe is the CL ad, and my educated guess is if you bought an air filter and filter top cover, they would drop right on in place of the winter breather. The breather cover looks different from the covers on the non-winter enginers. Also, the throttle lever looks a little different than the non-winter engines (looks like it has some plastic around the lever), so there could be some interference there.

Don't know squat on the pump side of things...but there is almost certainly a suitable pump that matches that shaft.

I spent a couple years in the rental dep't of the big orange box...if I could get my hands on the parts manuals I could tell you for sure on the filter. If that engine runs well, looks like a good deal, I don't think it would take much time or $$$ to get an air filter on it. Certainly would be easier than on a Briggs or Tecumseh snowblower engine.

Good luck!

--Andrew

Do a search on ebay. I was on an ebay site the other day and there was a guy that had all kinds of parts and pieces for the 240 brand new. I have a 240 on my splitter. He would probably know if you contacted him. I will try o find the site and let you know. He had everything for the 240

Cadenhill

If the air filter and cap setup doesnt bolt right up, you could always rig up your own air filter by going to any auto parts store and getting an aftermarket, "pod" style air filter.

You may need to lean out the carb slightly after installing an air filter on an engine that was meant to run in the cold,and without a filter.Its probably quite a richer than you will want once a filter is on it.

You may need to lean out the carb slightly after installing an air filter on an engine that was meant to run in the cold,and without a filter.Its probably quite a richer than you will want once a filter is on it.

There may also be other things that need changing. That engine will have been optimized for winter conditions so check to make sure there are no special 'winter' baffles that restrict air flow.

Harry K

Back