Honda RS 125 project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
1990 RS 125 road race engine/hotsaw. Started this last year but got side tracked. Here's what it looks like, should be up and running soon. BTW/Honda claims this little engine has 38hp stock. We'll see??? There is also a cr 125 being built at the same time. Hoping to get these ready for a race this summer. Will start out with a 14 tooth/404 sprocket and chain and see how that works out.

009-10.jpg

008-11.jpg

Last edited:
Got the RS 125 running last night......Sounds really Kool!.....Waiting for the sprocket to show up, then I'll put it in the wood and video it cutting.

I built this to race in Western Canada......Canalog races. Their rules are 140cc max, any engine, any fuel. Makes it interesting when you can experiment with something besides a chainsaw, at least to me. Some of the Canadians don't like seeing it, but that's the rules, and I'm not the only bikesaw now days. I'll probably leave this saw in BC for my son-in-law.

Got the sprocket on and ready to go. Finishing up the final little things and will have it in the wood today or tomorrow. Putting together another cr125 for Gil Lane at the same time, just for Squamish. If I can get all the parts in time, there will be at least 2 125's running there this year. I'll post some pictures or video's soon.

Got the sprocket on and ready to go. Finishing up the final little things and will have it in the wood today or tomorrow. Putting together another cr125 for Gil Lane at the same time, just for Squamish. If I can get all the parts in time, there will be at least 2 125's running there this year. I'll post some pictures or video's soon.

Videos please...
:popcorn:

This was supposed to be video, but came out pictures with my Go-pro camera. Wrong mode. With the weather being 104 during the day it's hard to jet this thing in. It was at 125 main and 92 low. Way to lean on both. Changed it today at 135/95 and it's much better, but still to lean on top.

031.jpg

Try the Canlog website or the Squamish Days website. Speedbucking (hotsaw)rules are 140cc max...any fuel, any engine, Squamish cuts 20"to22" doug fir, cold start, 2 cuts, down, up.

This was supposed to be video, but came out pictures with my Go-pro camera. Wrong mode. With the weather being 104 during the day it's hard to jet this thing in. It was at 125 main and 92 low. Way to lean on both. Changed it today at 135/95 and it's much better, but still to lean on top.

031.jpg

Bout time ya mowed the yard Dennis that grass will get away from ya with that bung hip

McBob.

Try the Canlog website or the Squamish Days website. Speedbucking (hotsaw)rules are 140cc max...any fuel, any engine, Squamish cuts 20"to22" doug fir, cold start, 2 cuts, down, up.

Dennis, was that the Art Martin "cheater chain", I lent you? What gives? Mike Rupley said he'd do your filing after King Dung did the stoning.
Gypo

See you at Squamish Gypo!.....got an extra 125 for you to run if you show. Worked my ass off to get it done in time. Want to say thanks to Ken Hiltz for getting me the sprocket in time. Got it Sat. in the mail and hardened it about 2am this morning.....quenched it in Rum.....Hahahahahahaha!

006-15.jpg

009-11.jpg

010-12.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back