Honda Tillers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riflegunbuilder

Reaction score
I have a Try-Bilt horse that I bought for a great price over 10 years ago. It needs tines and the clutch that disconnects the tiller doesn't work anymore. Tines turn anytime the transmission is engaged with the tine lever in either position. I know parts for the GardenWay products seem to be getting harder to find. I looked at a Honda 800 and it sure is luring me in. Any thoughts? Any of you have experience with the Honda 800?

I have never ran a honda. Hope to never need to. If your time shaft bearings are still tight fix the horse.
There is no clutch, it's all belt drive, belt tension is important and needs to be periodically adjusted. If your HI/LO is engaged and your drop the main stick in go the tines are moving, same with reverse. Parts are all still available. Nothing is cheap. Parts for the Honda will likely be obsolete before the horse because everyone owns a horse and the aftermarkets will keep making parts for years. Just don't buy cheap tines they'll break. Of you want to go aftermarket pick a reputable brand.

I don't know where your at but I have seen them around my area for $100-150 with bad motors and decent tines on Craigslist or Marketplace.

Latest posts

Back