Honda's new three-wheeler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this particular Honda's front tires will lean into curves, but some do. I can't tell by just looking at it's picture.

That and the fact, that it's a single rider model intended for sport-riding, and that Honda won't put marginal tires on a machine such as this.

Here's more, they call it the NeoWing Tilting tricycle. Would like to see a touring version though. They call it a hybrid, I thought it was because of the tricycle layout, but it will be gas electric hybrid.

http://www.gizmag.com/honda-neowing-leaning-three-wheeled-concept-motorcycle/39654/

Answers my question, very cool. I've ridden the can am before and wasn't impressed in the corners, just an odd feeling.

Answers my question, very cool. I've ridden the can am before and wasn't impressed in the corners, just an odd feeling.

I've been wanting to try one of the Can-Am Spyders, but I just haven't got around to it as of yet.

It's not that I'm seriously interested in getting one, I'm just curious as to how they feel and handle.

I've been wanting to try one of the Can-Am Spyders, but I just haven't got around to it as of yet.

It's not that I'm seriously interested in getting one, I'm just curious as to how they feel and handle.

I didn't really get to put it through it's paces but to me it felt like a four wheeler the way it handled in the turns. Fun but still not as fun as two wheels, I'll stick with my zx10r.

I didn't really get to put it through it's paces but to me it felt like a four wheeler the way it handled in the turns. Fun but still not as fun as two wheels, I'll stick with my zx10r.

Earlier this summer, I test drove a Polaris 4 wheeler. I forget what exact model it was, but I wasn't all that impressed. My experience with 4 wheelers is 0 to none at all.

It felt under-powered, vague in the handling dept., and it's brakes felt soft and inconsistent. And, I felt crammed into it. My knees had no where to go, and my poor right leg went to sleep trying to accommodate the position required to press on the gas pedal.

I could simply not imagine driving that thing for more than 30 min. at a time. :nofunny:

Two wheels up front is much more stable than a tricycle arrangement, but I would not like one that leans outward like the Can-Am. This Honda will lean INTO the turn like the MP3 scooter does, and that sounds promising. Another downside to the Can-Am is its reliability rating. Consumer Reports ranked it last, below Harley and BMW.

Back