Honeywell Test results

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paso One

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd test the Aquastat and damper control. Now that I got results in front of me i don't know what I got.

Test 1 Water temp gauge reading 180 Aquastat set at 175 Damper closed.
I slowly turn dial on Aquastat till it clicks at 210 degrees damper opens.....turning the dial down from the 210 click the damper closes at 190 degrees Both seem to work which was my intent for the test.

Test 2 Water gauge temp is 172 degrees Aquastat set at 170 Turning the dial up again the damper opened fully at the 196 degree mark letting it burn at the new setting of 196 (approx) The damper stayed open till the water gauge read 190 then slammed shut. I took my Infra red tester and check the water and the water was reading 199 degrees.

Couple interesting side bar results is the water at the top of the boiler was 172 and the water at the supply fitting at the bottom of the boiler was reading 125 degrees the second test the top was reading 199 degrees and the supply fitting reading 165 degrees

What do you guys make of these results???

Thanks

You mean the return at the bottom of the boiler?

Actually I Do mean the Supply tube at the bottom of the boiler on my boiler they are side by side coming and going from the boiler the return apparently gets dumped at the top even though it comes in at the bottom. I have a picture of an older hook up it has been changed since.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back