Hot Saw Builder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patton'd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Sorry Paddon'd you need to pay the piper if you want to advertise. Dennis and dozerdan currently are sponsors for hotsaw building. If you want please call Darin at 303-898-7900 or email at [email protected] and talk about becoming one. Thank you and please read the posting guidelines.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I have offended anyone. I am not a dealer, I'm actually a welder by trade and have done tree removal as mostly a hobby and started building saws as a hobby as well. I posted my services for sale for the only reason as to try and earn a living and support my family. The wife is on maternity leave with our new baby and unfortunatley the welding industry has slowed down. I heard of this site from word of mouth and thought it to be an excellent venue to get to know what's out there. I didn't realize that by doing that I would be stepping on some toes. I am good at what I do, I build a mean saw....I have references and I will get my name out there.

Jody Patton
780-974-6121
780-479-8990
[email protected]

It would be a good idea to find out how much it costs to pay the piper though Jody, it's an investment in advertising that will pay off.
Anyways mail me back and we will talk. Aparently you already have several good reviews about your work.
Rob.

I second all that. Anyone can just come on here and promote themselves as anything they want. I'd have to see pics of the guy's work and there'd have to be some discussion about what a man gets for his money- some of the hot-saw and chainsaw hop-up stuff I've seen in recent years is enough to make you sick, and as a stranger, who's not to say that rborist1 isn't a brother in law or a good buddy? Objectiveness is the best judgement of quality.

Hey all...I emailed Jody the second I saw his post and asked if he was a dealer....he is not a dealer, so I told him he could carry on...we had a good chat, I ordered some parts I needed from him, and I am looking forward to meeting both him and Rborist1...

I do understand how everyone feels though as someone new comes into a close knit group like ours...but I think we should give him a chance to show what he has....

We do allow other builders to post freely, only dealers may not advertise....I guess its one of those catch 22 things that maybe we should look at...

I am not sure who changed jody's post....but from an outsiders view, appreciate the concern for the sponsors....I will call Darin first, Dozerdan, Walkers...and see how we want to deal with this issue....and we will go from there...

Rborist- there was no accusation made, the point was, to a stranger, i.e. myself, I would have no way of knowing offhand if a certain guy is who they say they are, and you or anyone could be a buddy just backing them up. This has happened in the past and customers have sent their saws and money off to a certain person never to be seen again.

To speak freely here, all the saw builders need to concentrate on doing their work and do it well. We have to respect the time and concentration and the attention to detail it takes to build a performance saw, let’s not waste their time or give them unnecessary grief.

It has been my observation in dealing with saw builders is that we need to narrow the task down we want done, put it in contractual form and get some type of payment methed.

I don't need to get into things but you can't trust someone who just pops in and says "I'm here to help" Since I have had my dealings with a few builders here it just doesn't work that way.Even with the ones who have been here from this sites inception.

Go back and read some of my posts Patton'd and you can see what I am talking about. I have been burned, my goal isn't to keep people away from you it's to educate them from deals going sour. Any person can come onto the web and be anyone they want, if a so-called builder can answer all questions, show pictures does that mean that they are a saw builder NO.

What does is the person having refrences that have a happy following. I understand that you have a new family and all but that doesn't mean you can build a saw or for that matter even be trusted with 2 posts. A phone conversation also, what does that prove that a person can pour on the BS.

This all comes from dealing with saw builders, not monday morning quarter backs. Here's what I do know Dan Henry and Ken Dunn produce read through the archives here and you'll see.

Latest posts

Back