Hotblast 1557m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So am I reading it right that with out a thermostat the thermodisc controls the blowers off and on via whatever temp it is set for?
Yes... and most of them are not adjustable.
Look close at the numbers on the theromodisc... it's likely a 60T12 series, you'll see the numbers 60T12 0n it.
There should also be a number beginning with an "F" such as F110-20... which means the switch closes (starts the blowers) at 110°, and opens back up (stops the blowers) at 20° below that (90°). Keep in mind this ain't a perfect world, those specifications have a tolerance of ±5°... meaning the fans could start anywhere between 105° and 115°, and stop anywhere between 95° and 85°.
Some commonly used on wood-fired appliances are the F110-20, F120-10, and the F130-15... personally I don't like the F110-20 (which yours likely has) because forced air at temperatures below 100-110° actually feel like a cool draft to me. The F120-10 may work OK, but, because of the narrow 10° differential, it may also cause the blowers to short-cycle as the fire dies down. You should be able to pick up a F130-15 (or even a F140-20) at any Plumbing and Heating shop (or on eBay) for around 10 bucks or less... those theromdiscs are used in all sorts of appliances.

Latest posts

Back