House temp vs outside temps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its always 72-75 in our house no matter what the outside temp. OWB are truly a beautiful thing. I do miss sitting around the old woodstove though.

Our well insulated house is 1100 sq.ft with basement, no heat to basement as it stays at about 50 degrees. No matter what the outside temperature the inside is always between 70-75 depending which room you are in. During the day even on single digit days we burn logs sparingly to dissipate some of the heat built from night before.

2200 sq ft two story, Quadra-Fire 3100.

I can keep the living room, (where the stove is), at 80 or more no matter what the outside temp is. Keeping the downstairs comfy is also no problem, regardless of the outside conditions. Upstairs is another story, as not enough heat travels up there on single digit and lower nights. I'll often let the furnace run a bit on those nights. In part to give it a boost, but also I think it's a good idea to keep the whole system warm on those nights. (hot water baseboard)

We all have different variables, and for me it's not being able to load the stove during the day while I'm at the store. There's coals left to restart, but the stove is hardly pumping out heat when I get home. When I'm home all weekend, and keep it fired up, it does a much better job of keeping the entire house warm. The old story of gain vs maintain.

I have an open 1850 sq ft house with 14' ceilings and a little buck 26000 stove and I can keep it 80* inside when it's 11* outside. I'm burning honey locust.

A stretch from actually temp but when our friends come over for the wood fired hot tub (they heat with oil and you freeze your butt off) and it is 0 degrees outside and we have the windows open and the house is 75 it kind of gives me a chubby

That is just too funny, spit my beer out reading that one.

Beefie

Back