How are you packaging your bundles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamspt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just starting out and am interested in packaging .75 or 1 cubic foot bundles. I am looking for creative ideas on how to achieve this without investing in a big dollar machine. How are you making yours?

If you have a serious bundled firewood market I would invest in the machine. In this case serious investment = serious return. Otherwise you are wasting your time with labor.

yuppy wood? get a roll of shrink wrap from sams club. It's like food wrap only about 1.5ft. wide.
Ya beat me to it woodchuck! Those industrial size rolls they use in meat dept.s would probably fit the bill. Agree for simplicity, build a small table with 4 removable uprights as a cradle (maybe easier to just use two on the roll side and work against it, dunno), about the height of the bundles you want to make, mount your roll of wrap on the side so you can pull out a piece long enough to go under, then over your bundle so you can flip it once or so then cut it off the roll, voila!
Just a thought or two fer the morning :) Hey da dwarfletts sleeping in, I'm bored :D

:cheers:

Serge
Hope this works.....................
attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm not sure how well the saran wrap idea would hold up if you are bundling your packages for sale in, say, a supermarket where they may be stacked like cordwood (and tossed around by employees in the stock room).

Maybe something like those plasticized feed bags where you can print your contact info on the outside would be preferable. Stuff them full of wood and sew up the open end with a little hand stitcher machine.

Oops, that's my idea and I shouldn't be giving it away for free.

Well I'm a farmer so you guessed it.......i use baleing wire!! Put 5 or 6 logs on a piece of wire and take pliars and twist it tight. That also works for picking them up with one hand.

I get my pallet shrink wrap for free, a friend of mine works at a large factory and they throwaway hundreds of half used spools everyday.:clap: The stuff works grate, you can stack and throw the bundles around without taring the shrink wrap, food grade wrap is not strong enough for this application.

I'll take some pics of my simple but effective setup tomorrow.

I was just about to start a thread about this until I saw this one. I am thinking about this too, start splitting up some small pieces of nice clear maple and oak and make some kind of simple table to apply shrinkwrap of some sort.... any of you guys have any pictures of what you have to do this easiest? Also, what can you get for those small bundles when sold to stores, campsites, ect?

You can buy 3" wide shrink wrap on fleabay pretty cheap and make a wrap or 3 on each end of your bundle

Whats a fair price you sell these bundles for. I was thinking of doing that this summer. Live about 1/2 mile from large campground.

Latest posts

Back