How big do these look?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just going to call it right there. If you say that then I guess it does look about half in pic of what it is in real world.
3 foot dbh on the third furthest tree. The fourth is a tad bigger. can't you see that big hole?

No way they looked that big from the pic, Dano. But pictures are deceiving, those poplars you had me do looked much bigger in the pics than they were when we got there. It can go both ways. Whatever the size I think Plas was wise to call you.

I always get bummed out when I look at trees I've climbed in pictures. They never seem to look as tall as they are/were. This lombardi poplar is about 110'. It's only about 10 feet from the back of the house. i couldn't get a picture of the whole thing. It was more than 5 feet across at the butt. Sure doesn't look very big in this pic though.

010.jpg

I was going to say around 100 using the ladder and house in the background, the house looks to be two story. and the utility does not look to be that far behind them, being that the lines are fully visible in the shot.

One thing that always throws me off is looking at smaller trees under tall canopy. The scale throws me off and I have to make a conscious effort to keep that in mind.

Being from round the SE PA area I'm going to go with 38-44" DBH

Height 85-110' with just a little decay, probably root rot too.

Trees I'm about to climb look like 40' from the ground but once a 120' rope hangs doubled and just reaches the ground from the tip I am surprised there a little taller than I thought. Once I reach the tip I thinking the tree is almost doubled in height and after I cut all the branches before releasing the top omg it's like tripled in height. Then when I collect the money for a job well done I think I was right the whole time.:dizzy::greenchainsaw:

Dan I'm gonna say 100'. Only trees in these parts that grow to 120 is white pine. I ain't seen nothing bigger.

Back