How Did I get under-bid by Half?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may be true, but it takes money to run that equipment. How could they possibly operate and still make money?

By doing 2-3 big trees in a day; make less on each job, but make it up in volume.

By yarding logs up and getting several jobs cleared in one day.

By putting the GRCS on with a Milwaukee HoleHog drill.

By running the big chipper into a big box so that they do not need to dump 3 times a day.

By paying a guy they trust to do some of the technical work.

By fitting a small job in the at the end of the day to boost the day end revenue, whenever possible.

By running every lead they get and bidding it for what they know they will make money at.

not cleaning up the job site (doing the bare minimum when it comes to removal)

That is not hack work, that is smart negotiation to be able to work within the clients budget. "I can do it for less if you do some of the work."

Logs and fine raking are the first things I will "give up" when negotiating. "Negotiated discounts from the above price are available with reduction in work performed."

By doing 2-3 big trees in a day; make less on each job, but make it up in volume.

By running the big chipper into a big box so that they do not need to dump 3 times a day.

By fitting a small job in the at the end of the day to boost the day end revenue, whenever possible.

By running every lead they get and bidding it for what they know they will make money at.

That is not hack work, that is smart negotiation to be able to work within the clients budget. "I can do it for less if you do some of the work."

Logs and fine raking are the first things I will "give up" when negotiating. "Negotiated discounts from the above price are available with reduction in work performed."

How in the world do they not run out of trees?

Well if they want to operate and put wear on their 100,000 investment for a couple of bucks thats their problem but my equipment doesnt leave the lot for less than (and this is a bare minimum) $100.00/hr.

Latest posts

Back