How do I kill a tree without cutting it down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie with his first post. I think he's just pulling everyone's leg to get a rise. Why would anyone want to kill a tree without cutting it down?

Oh wait - if you have an annoying tree from the neighbor's yard that you want trimmed or removed and he doesn't....
I suppose that's a good answer.
Not unlike a neighbor's annoying dog.
Fortunately I don't have one of those!
Improve his view!?

What is the species? What is the size of the tree? Are there any other trees/plants/structures nearby? What, if any, restrictions does New Zealand have on the use of chemicals/herbicides or other methods of killing or the removal of trees of this type?
I don't know the species, it is a normal size tree and there are other trees surrounding it. I don't know about restrictions on chemicals and herbicides, I just want to kill the tree.

Oh wait - if you have an annoying tree from the neighbor's yard that you want trimmed or removed and he doesn't....
That is a big assumption and your assumption is incorrect.

The tree is blocking the sun to my new cannabis planting spot in nearby bushlands and I need it to look like it died naturally as to not draw attention to that area.

If you read through this thread you'll notice there is not much help here anyway. Everyone here seems to be just as clueless as me when it comes to killing a tree without cutting it down.
there is LOTS of info here, if you would read it
saying your trying to hide something that is quite possibly illegal (I dont know your laws) isnt gonna get you anywhere

If you read through this thread you'll notice there is not much help here anyway. Everyone here seems to be just as clueless as me when it comes to killing a tree without cutting it down.
You got plenty of help, just girdle it. Understand, you came onto an arborist site asking how to kill a tree... we generally try and save them...

there is LOTS of info here, if you would read it
saying your trying to hide something that is quite possibly illegal (I dont know your laws) isnt gonna get you anywhere
Almost 50% of my country's population support legalization and a legalization bill almost passed. Only the baby boomers like you stopped it from passing.

Latest posts

Back