How do you Answer "Can I borrow your Chainsaw?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Borrow What ???

The answer is always NO,what have you got that needs cutting?I,ll swing by after work.Just 2 weeks ago my unemployed brother in law asked to use one of my saws,told him he didn't have enough health insurance to even think about it!Don't believe he's really ran one before,swears he has ran saws at some ski slopes in colorado.had no idea what the kick back area on the bar even was.I might fix up a poulan I've got laying in the shed and spend time teaching him how to take care of the saw and himself.But that will be awhile.Rotator cuff surgery last monday,still alittle sore:taped:.
Russ

the friends i have that would ask if they could borrow my saw already own one, but it's like any other power tools i own: i only loan out the ones i can afford to lose, so i dont loan out any, but they are always welcome to either bring over what needs work on with power tools or i am more than willing to go help em.

I would only loan out a Husky because surely nobody could mess it up any worse then the factory that makes them stupid paper weights. No I'm not trying to start a fight. If a saw does what you want it too then it's a good saw no matter what the brand.:rock:

I would only loan out a Husky because surely nobody could mess it up any worse then the factory that makes them stupid paper weights. No I'm not trying to start a fight. If a saw does what you want it too then it's a good saw no matter what the brand.:rock:

Coming from somebody who owns a Stihl.. :laugh: Keep learning, and someday, you will be good enough to run a Husky. :msp_biggrin:

It's like drugs, just say no. Got a whole bunch they can buy though :D

The Mrs. loaned my J'red 2145 to a neighbor that has three saws that weren't runnin' while I was out of town. THEY HAVE THREE SAWS THAT AREN'T RUNNIN' WHAT WILL THEY DO TO MINE? Saws don't go out unless I go with 'em.

Coming from somebody who owns a Stihl.. :laugh: Keep learning, and someday, you will be good enough to run a Husky. :msp_biggrin:

Well I have had both... still do.....but I would take my Stihls over my Husky any day.....

Want a saw....buy a Stihl....
Want a problem....buy anything else..... :laugh:

I must be doing something wrong. No one has ever asked to borrow one of my saws except employees.

Sometimes customers will ask to rent one, but I tell them to go to the rental yard. They tell me that they want the big saw, and the rental yard doesn't have anything like that available. I tell them $75/hr...with operator. Me! (and that is kinda cheap, too)

I like to make the little joke, '' Ya goin to bring it back in one piece? '', but no you cant borrow it, but ill come by and cut whatever ya want

I am with Rope on this one. I have a mixed fleet of stihls, husqies, and a few others.

The Stihl saws (in general) spend more time parked, need more repairs, and cost more per hour to own. They are also a trickier to keep in proper carb adjustment. Not many of them are very new, though. I do prefer my 200T's and the power-pole saw, though.

Unbelievably, I have had plenty of guys that will load up a truck with Stihls that don't run well, rather than take any of the Husqvarna saws that run very well. Go figure.

Back