How do you kill black knot?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubar2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got an answer for this maybe a year ago, did a search but couldn't find it. I have plumb trees that I was told had black knot. Whoever answered my question said how to treat it. I was told to cut the knots and spray it with something in the spring. I can't for the life of me remember what it was I was suppose to spray with. Does anybody know what it is to use? It may have began with M but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers this.

Black Knot can be MINIMIZED by pruning out the cankers (as many as possible, w/o disfiguring the tree) and treating w/Thiophanate Methyl (Clearys 3336, T-Storm and others) 2 to 3 times from mid spring to early summer. The cankers release spores that continue to infect the tree.

Black Knot can be MINIMIZED by pruning out the cankers (as many as possible, w/o disfiguring the tree) and treating w/Thiophanate Methyl (Clearys 3336, T-Storm and others) 2 to 3 times from mid spring to early summer. The cankers release spores that continue to infect the tree.

Thank you very much.

Latest posts

Back