How do you KNOW when its spring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours have been up for a month already!

Dang southerners.

Not really room for em yet till the snowbanks retreat a bit more, only getting to the mid 30s for a high is gonna make that a slow process, but the weekend calls for 40s and rain to speed it up a bit.

When the Toms start rounding up the ladies.
attachment.php

I'd like a dislike button as well!

2nd pic might have gone too far the other way. Anorexic ain't my style either. Let's try this:

attachment.php

I'd like a dislike button as well!

2nd pic might have gone too far the other way. Anorexic ain't my style either. Let's try this:

attachment.php

Steve, I think she should be your new avatar the current one looks like she was rode hard and put away wet.:clap:

Last edited:
Well it's about time. Today I saw nearly a dozen red-winged blackbirds and a lot of geese and ducks. I saw a sparrow hawk nail a grackle out of a tree. First time I ever saw one go after prey nearly the same size.. that was neat to see. Saw a couple bikes go by, most of the snow is gone, and hopefully the next couple days take the frost out the ground. Yeah Spring!!!!

I have several "signs of spring", But one in particular that I really like.
There is a small college across the way in a small valley. When their baseball team begins practice outside
we can hear the ding of the aluminum bats at games and practice. The sound carries a good distance up to our hill.

Kevin

When the geese start raising hell out on the lake. Doing their mating thing for the batches of little geese to be here shortly. Drives the beagle nuts. Much goose poop to avoid on the lawn. SPRING. :cheers:

I saw my first sign of spring last night...
Upper 40's yesterday, lots of sun, snow melting, and on my way home from work I spot the neighbor in his driveway signaling me to pull in. When I jumped out'a the van he tossed me a cold beer and we stood there in the sun swilling. Yup, first sign of spring... when it's warm enough to stand outside and kill a six-pack without gloves on!

When the box on my truck has thawed out enough to clean all the bark and junk out of the back! Finally was able to do that yesterday!

Ted

Latest posts

Back