How do you load this trimmer line ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
any ideas as to what kind of trimmer head this is and how do you load it.?
20160515_182024_zps2dba1oam.jpg

It's on a Makita 4 stroke trimmer if that matters any.

push yellow tap and push line throught. you can go ahead and pre cut you string into the proper length. as you have to load it everytime the line get short.

the springs may be jammed up not allowing the teeth to grab n gold the line. Happens w with my echo trimmer. Try some wd40 where you feed in the line. Sometimes I gotta follow with something to push the dohickie back n forth till the spring is freed of enuff gunk to do what its supposed to.

the springs may be jammed up not allowing the teeth to grab n gold the line. Happens w with my echo trimmer. Try some wd40 where you feed in the line. Sometimes I gotta follow with something to push the dohickie back n forth till the spring is freed of enuff gunk to do what its supposed to.

It's kind of odd that there is no "name" or "brand " or any identifying markings on the dern thing.
The "springs" appear to be working as I can rotate them in the opposite direction of the "teeth" but it seems they don't grab enough. Im gonna try to load a longer string to see if maybe the length of the loaded string makes a difference .
Sure makes a "bump" head look attractive.

what size line are u using? May not be thick enough. in my echo I can use various diameter. Too small and it wont hold it, too big and its a pain to get out-if u can even get it loaded

We sold heads like that at the shop years ago. The serrations hold the line. We stopped selling this style because of the same issues you are having. Once they get dirty they don't work reliably. A good bump head will work well.

Back