How far can you go!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was wondering how far a stock carb can go on a modded saw?All the 2's I have modded, piped, port,etc.its all about jets boring flowing.I guess to make it simple when you do the ports muffler etc can a stock carb get enugh fuel to feed the beast without a leanin it out. THANX

I dont know what you are really wanting to ask.

But I run stock carbs on my woods ported saws. 084,066,375, Used to have 7900,357 and a 5000. No work at all done to them and they work fine IMO. For my uses.

Just wanted to know,if changing the carb is a must to provide fuel and flow with out a melt down, or if you mod a 280 should a guy install a carb off a 290,391 440, for a example

Cut4Fun;
You know I'm bringin it and you're gonna run it.
Rob

New rule, you all run your own dang saws :hmm3grin2orange: . My arms were killing me last gtg from running all the saws.:cheers:

No problem will like to take her for a spin. Might even throw a good chain on her for you if we are running in clean cants.:cheers:

With gas a stock carb has plenty off adjustment for its air flow, you wont lean out your saw and "melt" it. On some saws the carbs air flow is marginal in stock form so it will make more power after being modded if a larger carb is installed.
You can over carb a saw easily, making it hard to run as a work saw.

Thankyou JOESAWER thats what I needed to know.Going to mod my first saw very soon,just have to pick 1 out. I have a 280,@ a 460artic but they are my bread butter saws and there both brand new, i'm a little chicken to mess with em. THANKS

Back