how high is too high?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stack as high as I can reach, but only if it is in a rack. 8n feet is about as high as I can reach

I stack it 5ft tall. By the time it dries it's about 4ft or slightly over. Even on only ~4ft tall and 10ft max length they still sometimes get leaning pretty hard a winter wind storm (we normally get upwards of 100mph gusts) or an earthquake. Haven't had one fall over in many years, but I walk by the stacks every now and they and push them in if they need it.

I stack it 5ft tall. By the time it dries it's about 4ft or slightly over. Even on only ~4ft tall and 10ft max length they still sometimes get leaning pretty hard a winter wind storm (we normally get upwards of 100mph gusts) or an earthquake. Haven't had one fall over in many years, but I walk by the stacks every now and they and push them in if they need it.
Where's that extra foot disappering to? Either the neighbors are stealing it, or your pile is sinking into the ground. Lol

A stack shrinking 1ft? :dizzy:

Yeah, a bit much. I made a story pole of PVC 4' long, stacked 1 cord ricks (24' x 4' x 1.3') last summer, came to deliver this year and they were all lacking a couple inches. Piles do shrink but not by a foot. It is probably more due to the pile settling down that the wood actually shrinkign

Harry K

Or VF is [emoji243][emoji90]ing again

I got you ;)

Back to our regularly scheduled program.......

MVC-004S_1.JPG

MVC-001S_6.JPG

MVC-017F_8.JPG

MVC-003S_1.JPG

MVC-009S_1.JPG

I stack on pallets, wit a pallet between rows. Each stack is one cord so I don't go higher than 4 feet. The stacks lean in towards the vertical pallet a bit, they don't fall over since each stack is holding the other upIMG_20151121_165212_893.jpg

Latest posts

Back