How is every one doing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkfin12us

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im here in NJ for me slowed down earlier october.I did work into november but not steady.Then snow hit.Just starting to warm up.Im hoping things pick up in april.Thing is so many landscapers doing trees now and so many pop up tree companies since 2 storms from 2010 and 2011 both in october.Been in business over 20 years alot of mice chasing the same cheese.Looks like gonna be tough year.Thanks for the feed back every one.

I am in Camden county and things are decent here but I've been doing it in this area since 2000 , so of I can't get it halfway right then I suck !

I think because gov shut down around sept and obamacare roll out people losing health ins this year is little different.Dont know if you follow what goes on in the news.Well as far as sucking economy plays a big part.Economy has sucked housing market went down the tubes.All trades are getting saturated.If we get some decent weather hopefully phone starts ringing.If it stays cool and wet looking at june to pick up.

I've been wondering the same thing. Usually we stay fairly busy during the winter but the past few months have been slow. The winter was colder than normal and while we had a few storms, there hasn't been much damage. I have been building my business slowly over the past 8 or 9 years and while I have often thought about the merits of financing equipment to have the best tools for the job, I sleep better at night without the added stress of payments.

I've been wondering the same thing. Usually we stay fairly busy during the winter but the past few months have been slow. The winter was colder than normal and while we had a few storms, there hasn't been much damage. I have been building my business slowly over the past 8 or 9 years and while I have often thought about the merits of financing equipment to have the best tools for the job, I sleep better at night without the added stress of payments.
I have to agree about sleeping at night not worrying about payments.Its hard to predict economy but with this pres I wouldnt buy any thing till he is gone

I think because gov shut down around sept and obamacare roll out people losing health ins this year is little different.Dont know if you follow what goes on in the news.Well as far as sucking economy plays a big part.Economy has sucked housing market went down the tubes.All trades are getting saturated.If we get some decent weather hopefully phone starts ringing.If it stays cool and wet looking at june to pick up.
Stop watching the news and sales will go up.

If either of the NJ guys are looking for a place to get rid of wood, please reach out to me. I am located in Burlington county, not far from where it meets with Atlantic and Camden counties. I have a farm and can take any amount. Good luck with your businesses.

As usual, as sson as the temps go over 50 degrees, the phone stars to ring. feb and march wer quiet which was nice and allowed me to catch up on things but it did get close to being dead. Not now. Picked up 7 or 8 jobs the past two weeks and regular repeat customers haven't started yet.

As usual, as sson as the temps go over 50 degrees, the phone stars to ring. feb and march wer quiet which was nice and allowed me to catch up on things but it did get close to being dead. Not now. Picked up 7 or 8 jobs the past two weeks and regular repeat customers haven't started yet.

People must be impressed that you actually use a saddle these days. lol

Fully tilt since the ice storm hit here in the Toronto area December 21st. Signed a contract extension with the city of Toronto until July, strictly doing crown restoration and removing hangers, no clean up ! Another crew comes behind and cleans up our mess! Love it! An hour drive each way but worth it!

I guess. Seems like too much of a pita ass to me though, to be honest. I just only ever wanted to cut some trees!! lol
Ya, I know what you mean. Almost everyone I meet I let them know who I am and what I do and alot of times they say I see your trucks around. I let them know a little about how I do things and to call and I will take good care of them. Sending thank you cards out really helps too.

we had a pretty good municipal contract to keep us busy through mid jan, then a few big removal projects. pretty slow in february, but now the phone is ringing very steadily. its been a good mix of repeat customers and referrals.
in my opinion, people are going to have to quit blaming the economy and the government sooner or later. its not that bad, seems like a bunch of excuses to me.

Things have improved here. The housing market has seen positive growth which helps all in the service industry. ..... I have discovered a great analogy for the local market here. I hate going to home depot because you can hardly find a place to park and the crowded aisles and long lines at the register. People fixing their homes again. ..So,on second thought,,,,,LOVE going to home depot these days .

Back