How it was done in the old days

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sb47 Nice video and thanks for posting. I remember when I was a kid in the 60's some folks went away from wood to oil stoves or propane stoves then when fuel shot up in the late 60's early 70's folks put there wood stoves back in and went back to wood. My folks were in the fuel business so we heated with a fuel oil furnace. We also sold propane. A lot of folks I knew only lived in a couple of rooms during the winter. I grew up around a fair amount of folks that didn't have indoor plumbing.

sb47 Nice video and thanks for posting. I remember when I was a kid in the 60's some folks went away from wood to oil stoves or propane stoves then when fuel shot up in the late 60's early 70's folks put there wood stoves back in and went back to wood. My folks were in the fuel business so we heated with a fuel oil furnace. We also sold propane. A lot of folks I knew only lived in a couple of rooms during the winter. I grew up around a fair amount of folks that didn't have indoor plumbing.
Our farm house had plumbing added after it was built. In the den there was a fuel oil heater and that room was kept closed off from the rest of the house. There was a wood stove in the kitchen, another fuel oil stove in the dining room area but it was rarely used. Anything other than that and you were on your own.

Latest posts

Back