How many have not played Santa, and cleaned out their chimneys yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXCALIBER

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So who has not started burning yet? Who has not already played Santa, but instead of putting gifts down the chimney put a bristled brush down it instead? Who is not ready for the start of old man winter with a nice clean set of pipes? Was I the last one to clean, and you all did it in the spring?:msp_confused:

Did mine a couple of weeks ago, but I had already burned a couple of small fires before doing it. Last year was my most wood burned, but the wood was about 2 years dry. WOW what a difference it made in how clean the chimney was!

I clean mine in the spring. Too much other stuff going on in the fall to remember to clean the chimney, too.

Once I start burning the chimney gets cleaned once a month weather permitting.

Still waiting for Santa to clean mine! :eek:uttahere2:

It's on the list for this weekend-my last step before I'm ready to burn. Hopefully it will be cold enough! We had a nice snap here in the Northeast but then the rain moved in (AGAIN) and made it warm and humid.

OK, we get it :hmm3grin2orange::

1. You have a clean colon, errrrrrrr chimney. A.K.A. "flue". Now what ?

2. Your wood stove will heat butt forever with the magical super duper inserted device that only the special can understand.

3. It does not matter how much experience anyone has with wood heat, only how much enthusiasm one can demonstrate in the virtual universe.

4. It is time for hubris to cease and desist.

and finally,
5. Motto, "do not confuse me with facts" is operational.
:tire::tire::beat_brick:

Cleaned mine a few weeks ago.It was filled from the bottom to the top with with twigs and so on from a bird making a nest.Wasn't sure how to get it out and I have a small access hole so I threw a match in.It fired quick/burned like an inferno and sounded like a tornado sucking air through the access hole.Vacuumed out the ashes later and didn't need to sweep it because the bird did a good job scrapping the inside out but did anyway.Checked it a few days later and found a dead bird.Not char broiled so I think it came back and died of smoke inhalation.Was fun trying to fish that bird out through the small access hole.:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back