How Many Pacific Energy Owners?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summit. Starting the 2nd season with it. Excellent stove.

attachment.php

I've got a Vista..... Wish I had of got the Summit sometimes.... The firebox is kind of small. Other than that I love it.. Going into the 3rd season.

I do not have a Pacific Energy stove. I have a Drolet.

P2230005Medium.jpg

In the future I will probably look for another (larger) stove. Are there any benifits to having a P.E. stove? Or any problems you've run across?

I do not have a Pacific Energy stove. I have a Drolet.

In the future I will probably look for another (larger) stove. Are there any benefits to having a P.E. stove? Or any problems you've run across?

Problem; when the kids were playing in the water pan, they left a water ring and it rusted on the stove over the summer.:(

Other than that, no issues, yet.:)

BTW, I did fix that rust spot before burning this season.

Benefits: With good wood, it will hold coals a long time. The longest for me was three days. Was able to restart from the coals.

I do like the large firebox.

Very easy to use. Draft damper only, nothing on the flue.

Finally, glass stays very clean. About every two weeks of solid burning it gets cleaned. Sometimes longer.

By water pan do you mean a pot of water you set on the top of the stove to boil? Like my parents did when I was a kid? How big is the firebox? The pics you guys are showing are nice. Looks like a well built stove. My damper setup is the same. No way I could hold coals that long though! 12-14 hrs max with my usual damper setting. I could maybe gain some, Not three days worth though!

By water pan do you mean a pot of water you set on the top of the stove to boil? Like my parents did when I was a kid? How big is the firebox? The pics you guys are showing are nice. Looks like a well built stove. My damper setup is the same. No way I could hold coals that long though! 12-14 hrs max with my usual damper setting. I could maybe gain some, Not three days worth though!

Yep, just a pan of water that sits on the stove. Really helps keep the humidity up in the wintertime. I had it on the floor and the kids had filled it with water to play on the stove.

Fire box size is approximate due to the fact it has a fire going in it right now. 20" wide by 18" deep x 12" tall.

One coming soon.

I think there are some more owners on the board, A Stanton for one. My parents are having the mid size P.E. insert installed 3rd week in Oct. Taking an out older insert and resleeving the chimney with a stainless steel liner. Kind of expensive, but the current system is not safe, and they would like to burn a little wood to offset the propane. From my research, looks like a good brand stove, been around for awhile.

I will go out and visit that day with my camera, pre and post.

Last edited:
Pacific Energy Spectrum (red with nickel door and cook top):popcorn:

going on second season with it ,heats my 1850Sq ft bungalow no problem.
all and all happy with it , door gasket fell off , had to put it back on .

cheers
ryan

While not as much fun as talking about the stoves on the board, this has some good info:

http://www.**********/ratings/search.php

I'm really happy with my 'Pacific Insert' (Mid Size) the only thing I wish I had the 'Summit' for would be a longer burn cycle. Our stove does a great job heating our 1800 sq. ft. two story. There are lots a quality stoves out there and my only experiance is with Pacific, it would be a good choice.

Pacific insert , can't beat the price and the performance is in line with the higher priced wood burners out there

3-12-2006035.jpg

3-12-2006036.jpg

Latest posts

Back