How Many Saws Have You Snuffed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I think about 8 saws at least have taken a dirt nap on me. So I hold the record so far. It's a good average though. That's approx. 1 saw every three years, but I think I have been pile driving at least one a year. This one is from 2004 I believe.
Nothing you can't buff out!
John
dirt20nap.jpg

Exhumed.jpg

Not a chainsaw, but

when I was dating my wife, she had a little McCullough trimmer with a metal weed blade. It always worked fine for me, but when her brother borrowed it...

I saw him across the way, pulling & pulling (and pulling) so I went over there to see if he needed more fuel, or what's the deal. He said it was running fine then "just quit." I gave it a tug and it had no compression. Looking a little closer, the cyl bolts had either backed out or sheared... when I'd pull the rope, the whole p/c assembly was hopping up & down on the case.

Put a fork in that one, it's done. :ices_rofl:

There is a moral to that story there...

I think about 8 saws at least have taken a dirt nap on me. So I hold the record so far. It's a good average though. That's approx. 1 saw every three years, but I think I have been pile driving at least one a year. This one is from 2004 I believe.
John

Exhumed.jpg

John it only look's cosmetic......Nice pictures ...

XJ, the moral being, never lend out your chainsaw, weedwacker, or wife.

Ultra, it was only superficial and buffed out real nice.

Speaking of wrecking things, check out this cool barberchair.
I'm looking for the smashed tractor picture. lol
John

barberchair.jpg

John .....

You are the true expert - noone else will be even close, I believe.........:D :taped:

XJ, the moral being, never lend out your chainsaw, weedwacker, or wife.

Ultra, it was only superficial and buffed out real nice.

Speaking of wrecking things, check out this cool barberchair.
I'm looking for the smashed tractor picture. lol
John

barberchair.jpg

Oh man, that looks dangerous. What do you do about something like that? What do you do when you've hiked in there and don't have a truck and chain to pull on it?

I guess that's what the back cut is for?

440, in the firstpicture it was a 362KD and the second is a KD385.
John

pretzel.jpg

John, what size outlet holes (pipes) are on that 385? That is the way I am going to do all my mufflers. The 385 in that pic don't look so bad. What was wrong with it other than the handle bar? It looks like it was a runner, back in it's day. I also like your pics, keep them comming! Glad to see you back!;) :D :rockn: :rock:

Wow!

WOW! I just watched the video. That 385 was definetly a runner! Good job on the video john! She sounds good too.:biggrinbounce2: Hey john, I never seen you run so fast on all the vids you posted. You look like you're in good shape.;) :laugh: :D

Back