How much are climbers making in your area???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themadd1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I was just wondering how much climbers are making around the country/world. As we become more professional as an industry I think we are making, for good reasons, more money.

So income range, and state/country???

In Ohio I am looking at between $15.00 and $25.00 an hour

Lineclearance 20-$30 hr

Climber $20 good climber $30 V good $40 down quick $50 superman $100

All in hourly rates

Contract climbers around here get $200 - $350 a day depending on the season. Storm recovery work can be as high as $500 a day.

I was making 11.50 as the foreman of a line clearance climbing crew. :cry:

ne pa usa

$15-$40per hr depends who ya work 4. i like day rate & %'s because i can make $250-$300 and still make it home for lunch:hmm3grin2orange: and some of the best companys round here aint payn ****. a local company round here is payin $20 topps no matter what ya can do. he is a former isa pres. 97'-98' i wont mention his name but he is a very smart man.bla bla bla no bennies highest charging around no o/t napa10w40 bar oil this man has a tuun a work and no good workers lol i wood love to work for him long term but he is to damd cheep.wtf is wrong with ppl so open the phone book and start shopping the options are endless be choosey:help: :sucks:

Atlanta is where I learned my craft... A good climber with basic ropes and gear could make a grand a day if he was doing his own thing... but that was when I was a kid. Thank God I found a better market!!! :D

A good climber with people skills can write his own ticket... Sky's the limit boys...

Raise a glass to the climber!!! :cheers:

Yep, in Atlanta metro area about 250 per day for a decent climber.

But there are those hazardous jobs where a good climber will top 500 per day if he's fast.
I would prefer to work them of percentage as I
would prefer to work I made a company I worked for fifteen years
ago 3500.00 per day average and expected fifteen percent so 500
is doable but have to work!

Atlanta is where I learned my craft... A good climber with basic ropes and gear could make a grand a day if he was doing his own thing... but that was when I was a kid. Thank God I found a better market!!! :D

A good climber with people skills can write his own ticket... Sky's the limit boys...

Raise a glass to the climber!!! :cheers:
Say now care to share the market secret :laugh:

Hey ! $10,000 a day plus lunch on me. If you will show up on time, bring you're own climbing gear & saw . Then work a standard 8 hr. day, without wanting to go home early. Being able to keep a crew working & doing no damage to the customers property. Pass a drug screen , criminal background check & credit screening . Present a valid Ga. drivers license & pass a motor vehicle background check. Pass a rigorous physical exam including eye & hearing . Also be able to sell jobs & yourself to our consumers at the highest market rates ! As climber-crew leader, you must have a comprehensive knowledge all facets of tree care. At least 10 yrs. , verifiable experience , starting as ground-man , climber , bucket operator & an ability to work with cranes. The knowledge to repair minor equipment issues ( visible broken wires,replace fuses, light bulbs , etc.). Pour your heart & soul into our company. A strong desire to succeed & grow with us. All this while working & accepting a weekly paycheck ( with all the standard deductions ). Our company affords workers comp. coverage , paid sick days ( 6 per yr. ), 4 weeks paid vacation ( during the 1st. yr.) 401K retirement plan,company profit sharing, 12 wks. paid maternity leave ( women only ) , company stock options & co-pay additional coverages ( eye & dental ). Yes, you are afforded unemployment coverage. Also all OSHA training & PPE is provided. Furthering educational benefits are encouraged & monetary aid programs are available. If you feel you are ready , come & join us. We are all looking for this & maybe, someday, possibly , we will all find this " Pot of Gold , at the end of the rainbow. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU JOB SEEKERS !!!!!!:deadhorse: :cheers: :sucks: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey ! $10,000 a day plus lunch on me. If you will show up on time, bring you're own climbing gear & saw . Then work a standard 8 hr. day, without wanting to go home early. Being able to keep a crew working & doing no damage to the customers property. Pass a drug screen , criminal background check & credit screening . Present a valid Ga. drivers license & pass a motor vehicle background check. Pass a rigorous physical exam including eye & hearing . Also be able to sell jobs & yourself to our consumers at the highest market rates ! As climber-crew leader, you must have a comprehensive knowledge all facets of tree care. At least 10 yrs. , verifiable experience , starting as ground-man , climber , bucket operator & an ability to work with cranes. The knowledge to repair minor equipment issues ( visible broken wires,replace fuses, light bulbs , etc.). Pour your heart & soul into our company. A strong desire to succeed & grow with us. All this while working & accepting a weekly paycheck ( with all the standard deductions ). Our company affords workers comp. coverage , paid sick days ( 6 per yr. ), 4 weeks paid vacation ( during the 1st. yr.) 401K retirement plan,company profit sharing, 12 wks. paid maternity leave ( women only ) , company stock options & co-pay additional coverages ( eye & dental ). Yes, you are afforded unemployment coverage. Also all OSHA training & PPE is provided. Furthering educational benefits are encouraged & monetary aid programs are available. If you feel you are ready , come & join us. We are all looking for this & maybe, someday, possibly , we will all find this " Pot of Gold , at the end of the rainbow. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU JOB SEEKERS !!!!!!:deadhorse: :cheers: :sucks: :hmm3grin2orange:

I know a guy like that!

Unfortunately he was crucified over 2000 years ago! I keep waiting for his return.

Last edited:
I agree with you T.S. but sometimes dreams are all we have. Just a little humor for the newbies ! Lord knows we all need it ! It has gotten so bad around Savannah, it's hard to beat out a living . Would you beleive 46 tree wizzards trying to under-bid each other . Got enough to organize a UNION .:hmm3grin2orange:

I agree with you T.S. but sometimes dreams are all we have. Just a little humor for the newbies ! Lord knows we all need it ! It has gotten so bad around Savannah, it's hard to beat out a living . Would you beleive 46 tree wizzards trying to under-bid each other . Got enough to organize a UNION .:hmm3grin2orange:

Sounds like Atlanta. I've been seeing bids so low for hazardous trees it is like they were being dropped into an open field.

Recently had a client call me to let me know he found a lower price that was less than half mine and I bid jobs tight as possible my friend.

Good luck down there.

They can't keep the low prices rolling forever. I can remember back in 1963 or 64 getting 500 to 700 for a medium size dead ELM up in western N.Y. The new guys always hurt themselves by low-bidding. I believe tighter restrictions on tree insurance policies ( verifiable experience 4-5 yrs. ) . W.C. is tough down here . Dump sites harder to find. :monkey:

For that my friend I will supply bucket and grapple and smile coming
to work and frown leaving the job!

In Sydney Australia climbers get $25 to $35 ph plus benefits as employees. Contract climbers with their own gear and insurance $300 to $500 per day.

Line clearance workers usually get much less.

Groundies with experience and truck drivers licence are worth nearly as much.

Back