How much creosote...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't doubt the product,I question the need for it. I also believe a steel brush will accomplish anything needed and in my case I don't believe anything is needed except for a hot fire with seasoned wood.
I think some people overthink things sometimes, bordering on paranoia because of ignorance.
These written opinions are read by others, that may get too afraid to enjoy a wood burning utensil because of what I read on the internet.

no doubt about it now, AS is back. it never fails here that when someone asks a legitimate question some know-it-all asshat is gonna jump him just because his opinion differs from thier's.
just for the record, i had my flu inspected/cleaned professionally for the first time in 8 years and had NO CREOSOTE at all. as long as the flu gets hot and stays hot it doesn't build up. if it is sized wrong or improperly installed it won't matter how you burn or what you burn, it WILL build up. every situation is different.

Back