How much wood have you sold this season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencerhenry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
as of november 1st, i have sold 104 face cords. how much have you sold? with the economy the way it is everybody that owns a chainsaw and a pickup truck is now in the firewood business. it has been a little slower than i had hoped, and customers are price shopping more than ever. too bad you cant show them the difference in quality, and what a cord really is, before they buy from someone else.

as of november 1st, i have sold 104 face cords. how much have you sold? with the economy the way it is everybody that owns a chainsaw and a pickup truck is now in the firewood business. it has been a little slower than i had hoped, and customers are price shopping more than ever. too bad you cant show them the difference in quality, and what a cord really is, before they buy from someone else.

yep everyone and there brother and sister selling but come jan. only the strong will there! sold 7 full cords so far and will only sell another 10-15 small town here where I am at

I've sold 5 full cords and will sell another 5. I'm small time. Just do it cause I like doin it and make a few bucks for saws and gear.

Last edited:
i may have sold six cords so far.

not much for this time of year but it's ok.they will be crying in January and February.

so far...

43 1/2

And, yes this is a tight economy to be workin' with.

Organic Firewood
$155 cd.

Now with bugs!!

Next spring I will put that into the classified ads... :jawdrop:

7 cords since the first of January, no advertising on my part. Have at least 10 more sitting as we speak and I plan on just leaving it there till the market slows. 200-225 delivered and stacked is my price, as long as you are close and I'm not putting the wood in some tough spot.

None yet. Saving it all till after the 1st of the year when all the lowballers run out.

just like what was already said ... everyone and their cousins are selling!! just have to wait it out and the strong and true will prevail over the test of the weekend warriers!! as of this time last year sold a solid 50 full cords at 185.00 and as of this year about 10 cords .... so when the snow is arse hole deep and 20 below the strong and established wood vendors will take the lead once again!! with the economy as slow as it is ,everyones looking for a easy buck but it dont last!! " HANG IN THERE OLD TIMERS " !! we have been through this thing before and will be again.... remember were all pulling in the same direction!!:givebeer: enjoy the heat.... lol

Probably about 40 cords, I haven't tallied it up yet. There were more people in the classifieds selling this year than last and prices fell back to normal too.
Maine.

sold about 20 good cords. that was just the wood lying out front and theres a few more cords left. hoping to sell 50 cord this year.like you guys said everyone has a chainsaw or knows someone who will cut their wood for them. luckily people like my wood because its higher quality than anyone else around here and word is getting around so hopefully have a few more customers.

temps are still up there! even with the higher degree of unseasonal temps lucked out with 6 full cords sold this past week... no change in the near future for cold weather so hanging tight with the funds till the next run ?? hope its not to far out!!

Sales are really bad here, I just cant or wont compete with the ads in the paper right now.I have sold only 4 face cords to regular customers,and even then they balked at paying my 60 bucks a face cord when the classifieds are full of guys selling face cords at $25 delivered.
Me,Im going to hold my ads and my wood supply until late december or early January.Hopefully by then all these weekend warriors will be done with their green wood for cheap and we can get down to business.
If it ends up I have to sell it off for $25.00 per face cord for good oak and hickory,im going to set a match to the wood pile myself and enjoy the bonfire.

You would think folks would clue in on the fact that they are buying green wood when the clown shows up with the truck load and has his saw sitting in the back with the wood!

Same thing happened here Avalancher, big forest product company with lots of green low btu wood from fence rows and thinning operations.
They'll come for the seasoned stuff after they have trouble getting a fire started on a cold morning!
Sold 8.5 cord of locust and 9 cord of maple/ash mix:cheers:

Sold out - now working on next years. Demand very strong. I sell 375 a cord, 1/2 - $210 1/4 - $135. Lots of cheaper wood out there. My regulars stick with me because they know they will get good dry wood.

One thing to consider when posting sales figures in the publc domain is that big brother may be watching. Of course all my sales are carefully recorded for tax purposes even when people pay cash !

One thing to consider when posting sales figures in the publc domain is that big brother may be watching. Of course all my sales are carefully recorded for tax purposes even when people pay cash !

Then big brother can go ahead and look me up!I sell for cash only, dont declare the income, and have been known many times to do tree work for cash under the table as well.
I figure Im just leveling the playing field a bit,lord knows uncle sam takes a big enough chunk out of my paycheck so he can hand it out to every immigrant that wanders across the border.

18 cords so far. I sell by the face (1/3) for a $100 and half for $150. Have another 7 cords worth of orders lined up before Thanksgiving and then calling it quits for this year.

Sold out - now working on next years. Demand very strong. I sell 375 a cord, 1/2 - $210 1/4 - $135. Lots of cheaper wood out there. My regulars stick with me because they know they will get good dry wood.

hey great to see ya sold out...lookin for 12 more cords??

things have petered out here. 20 guys in the paper fighting for 325 but I was under sold locally for 300.
I think I'll sit the rest of this year out.Its just a hobby

Sales are really bad here, I just cant or wont compete with the ads in the paper right now.I have sold only 4 face cords to regular customers,and even then they balked at paying my 60 bucks a face cord when the classifieds are full of guys selling face cords at $25 delivered.
Me,Im going to hold my ads and my wood supply until late december or early January.Hopefully by then all these weekend warriors will be done with their green wood for cheap and we can get down to business.
If it ends up I have to sell it off for $25.00 per face cord for good oak and hickory,im going to set a match to the wood pile myself and enjoy the bonfire.

You would think folks would clue in on the fact that they are buying green wood when the clown shows up with the truck load and has his saw sitting in the back with the wood!

Sounds to me, that it is going to be time for a price increase.
If they are going to balk at the guy selling quality firewood, let em' buy the junk, and pay YOU dividends when they crawl back later.

People will figure it out soon enough. Those pro's with the wild thing, are just selling them roman candles by the pickup load.

If my customers pulled that crap with me, they would see a price hike when they called back. You get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back