How much you workin?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kajudude

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK so heres my question.How much has your buisness dropped off lately,and if it has,why do you think that is.and if it hasnt why do you think that is?:smoking:

this has been my best year ever.

i sent out 100-140 or so post cards to previous customers last winter, upgraded my internet advertising a ton... canceled my worthless phone book ad...

showed up with new equipment that probably showed customers im a serious business,

networking with other companies / tree services and landscapers

my prices on bids are down slightly so im doing the same work for less money than i was 3-4 years ago.

but... im doing WAY more jobs per week than i use to. like i say, id rather get 30-50 bucks less on some of the jobs, rather than to not get the job at all....

and it has NOTHING to do with Obama's failures known as stimulus packages.

Last edited:
:agree2:

very good year for me also, very thankful & blessed!!! I havent cut my prices at all......seems like people want a professional service & are willing to pay a little more, some still haggle with me....dont get me wrong, but....for the most part they understand what it takes!

Millertree....thats funny you cancelling your phone book ad.......I am doing the same, its worthless for the money spent!!! I can generate what those ads bring me in a different way & save money!!

But all in all..........a very good year!!!

LXT...........

XLT-

i havent reduced my prices on ALL my bids... but i do more to feel out the customer- see if they are a cheapo, or see if they have had 6 different estimates... im not reducing my prices by much-

but i remember 4 years ago i could say any price i wanted, no matter how high the price was sometimes... and get the job on the spot. people didnt even get other bids then !

Booked through the first week of February 2011 and I don't advertise or even have a phone number in the book. 100% of my business is repeat and referrals.

Booked a week and 1/2 ahead right now. I also canceled all my phone book advertising for next year. Those people don't quit though, gotta say no like 100 times. Biggest problem is doing estimates with the limited light. We were working 7 days a week but that has slowed a little. We should be busy through x-mas then it will probably die off to 2-3 days per week barring a storm.

Mike

Last year could not buy a job this year better but still not as good as I hoped. I just trudge my road to happy destiny and try to stay fixed on the prize!

We are booked solid for next month.prices have dropped to many hacks in area working harder less money.all are work is referrals repeat work.The best way to get work.They know what kind of work they are getting.Never been in phone book way to expensive.

Booked for the next 2 weeks, then gonna lay low for the holidays unless something comes up. After the new year got enough for a few days a week through the rest of the winter, with one or two week long jobs planned here and there.

I am about 2 weeks out right now, that will carry me into Oak's, will start them around X-MAS, have about a month of them, maybe a little more. This year has been good, first full year back, next year looks to be much better, big projects that I was supposed to this year (weather) will be FINALLY be ready in the spring, should give a big kick off to the new season. If run out of work, I'm just gunna hop on a Jet to SD and sneak into Jeffs shop, put on a Urban shirt, and soak up the winter in CALI!

I am about 2 weeks out right now, that will carry me into Oak's, will start them around X-MAS, have about a month of them, maybe a little more. This year has been good, first full year back, next year looks to be much better, big projects that I was supposed to this year (weather) will be FINALLY be ready in the spring, should give a big kick off to the new season. If run out of work, I'm just gunna hop on a Jet to SD and sneak into Jeffs shop, put on a Urban shirt, and soak up the winter in CALI!

Well, we do stay booked all year. This year is supposed to be a 'La Nina' winter, so it should be a dry one. Last year was 'El Nino' and pretty wet.
Jeff :D

Well, we do stay booked all year. This year is supposed to be a 'La Nina' winter, so it should be a dry one. Last year was 'El Nino' and pretty wet.
Jeff :D

Good, then I can sleep on the beach! I'll have my corona commercial yet!

Here is an opportunity for our mid-western breatheren. Lot of hoops and bidders with government jobs but maybe someone here can make it work.

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=0047e9914a1ebc1efefe3ddc8f3c0803&tab=core&_cview=0

Are you for real? Or maybe you are just not able to get those kind of jobs and are venting your dismay? Don't get upset over your short-comings, it only makes you sad. Now understand that I am a comedian! and a realist!
What are you?
Jeff ;)

More of a surrealist. I bid on gov jobs, don't win them because they are too cheap. I most certainly won't win one on the Al Capone national forest because of travel costs from Colorado. Just throwing an idea towards our friends in the mid-west for the slow season. Do you guys get gov contracts, Jeffers?

I wish I could get over some of my hangups and bid on the contracts that pertain to trapping, cataloging, and monitoring extra-terrestrials. It just seems a little pretentious to believe that I could actually trap one before I was abducted.

Latest posts

Back