How often do you guys?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep same here, the bar's off the saw anyways so why not clean the guide and oil ports and grease the tip.

I rarely grease my milling bars since I use quite a bit of oil on the Aux oiler sometimes to the point where it pools on the bar. On my other saws it depends on what I'm cutting. I usually grease after clean up at the end of the day. Dusty conditions a bit more often.

Last edited:
I've never greased the tip. when I mill I always use an auxilary oiler which pools oil on the tip of the bar. I have been using the same 42" woodsman pro bar since 1994 and I just filed the rails and inspected the bar last weekend in preparation of a lot of up comming milling and the sprocket is in great shape.

Last edited:
I've never greased the tip. when I mill Ialways use an auxilary oiler which pools oil on the tip of the bar. I have been using the same 42" woodsman pro bar since 1994 and I just filed the rails and inspected the bar last weekend in preparation of a lot of up comming milling and the sprocket is in great shape.

On my chainmill I greased every time I sharpen have no external oiler but the oiler on the saw was set on the long stroke I feel that the sumtimes 10 minute runs deserved grease.on My band mill I use hydralic oil drip!

Used to grease every time I sharpen also... havn't in years. Upon inspection, there is always tons of oil in the ends of my bars, so just stopped doing it. In all these years haven't had one ever go bad on me.

Back