How should I fix it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smulax

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a crack in the front of my wood stove. It's almost 2" long. Does it need to be welded or can something like hi temp jb weld do it. Also is it safe to use it in this condition? Thanks image.jpeg image.jpeg

since its a steel stove I would get it welded...no reason you cant still use until then though, just will be sucking a little extra air... I would drill a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from continuing until you can get it welded.
looks like it started at the corner of the "cut out" for the door, and it looks like it also cracked the sealing flange for the door...that looks like too much of a difference for the gasket to seal...

I agree... is that a cast iron stove? and were you burning hedge?

Mines got welds on top of its welds. I got a couple tears in the side now, thank you coal, but I can't bring myself to stick my head in there till I'm in the mood.

Drill the ends, "V" it out with a grinder and weld it.

Or could just seal the crack with stove cement, though it will continue to spread.

Thanks for the replies. I will try and find someone with a welder. Or maybe this justifies purchasing a mig welder. I burned some white oak scraps. No railroad ties or hedge. Happy Thanksgiving

Back