How the bros do it on the East Coast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlKiwi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
East Coast New Zealand that is :)

Pretty sweet tune they have to go with it as well

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/les.white.921677">Les White</a>.</div></div>

Ha, I smell a misunderstanding :)
The mitt is a leather mitt that is attached to the half wrap, tied loose enough that it moves along it freely. From memory its purpose is to keep your hand in a position where it will engage the chainbrake if kickback occurs.
I'm not a 100% convinced of their usefulness but someone at OSH obviously does..

Have another watch of the video, the fallers left hand will be in the mitt

Very nice. Lots of had bucking there?
Is that on the south island?

thanks for the post

Very nice. Lots of had bucking there?
Is that on the south island?

thanks for the post

East Coast of the North Island, somewhere out of Gisborne.

There's still plenty of crews manual logmaking - processing heads are expensive and depending on who you talk to value recovery is better with a manual logmaker. There's a few arguments for and against, both have their merits

Yeah I'm sure the guy in your version of OSHA has done allot of falling lol. I'm no pro, but I wouldn't want to be stuck to a saw like that in case you gotta leave it in the tree or throw it away from you in a hurry. I could see something happening and not being able to get out of it and being drug across the stump or stuck right there as you get crushed when maybe it could have just been your saw. Plus looks like a wrist breakin SOB to me.

I'll bet you slip out of that mit like its not even there, it helps in the other direction , any forward movement. Annoying, maybe, never used one.

I'll bet you slip out of that mit like its not even there, it helps in the other direction , any forward movement. Annoying, maybe, never used one.

Bang on there hammer. I used to find it annoying but its easy to get used to, like most things.
They also slide around to the bottom of the saw if its really pi$$ing you off too.. ;)

At the very least, its a good reminder for some to keep that thumb in the right place

Latest posts

Back