how to blowup a POS saw and weedeater,, vids and pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
promac850

promac850

formerly promac610
Wish I had a video of it.

I once had a Toro S-200 POS blow up on me... it sent the rod cap through the side of the case, and proceeded to smash into the side of my barn... disintegrated completely...

I was about to pull the plug wire (key switch was broken, and it was screaming its balls off because way, way too lean) when it blew up.

Still a little mark on the barn side where the rod cap hit... I'll have to get a pic of it sometime, probably aluminum particles from the disintegrated rod cap that's embedded into the metal siding.

That was fun... not really. Scary to think that if I was standing in front of it that I would've been hit by that rod cap... ouch.

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Not productive in any way, shape or form. Always thought this site was for the preservation/restoration of all fuel driven equipment. Sends the wrong message to all

I don't get it either. It was not very long ago that you would have been happy to have a saw like that to tinker on.

o8f150

o8f150

Tree Freak
I don't get it either. It was not very long ago that you would have been happy to have a saw like that to tinker on.

i was not going to put 25.00 or more into a 20 dollar saw,,, wait,,,why should i have to explain myself,, so what it turned into a parts saw,, hell i only gave 5.00 for it,, it had a real good oregon bar on it,, so whats the problem here???????? geeezzzz,,, if we had done a poll it would have been very high voting to blow up a POS poulan so i did,,,, it was my saw,,,i bought and paid for it and i had the freaking right to do as i please with it,,, even if i had rebuilt the thing to make it run right i could not even given the dang thing away,,, i know i have tried,, so i wanted to have a bit of fun and relieve some stress so i blew the thing up,, so there :msp_tongue::msp_tongue::msp_tongue::msp_tongue:

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
i was not going to put 25.00 or more into a 20 dollar saw,,, wait,,,why should i have to explain myself,, so what it turned into a parts saw,, hell i only gave 5.00 for it,, it had a real good oregon bar on it,, so whats the problem here???????? geeezzzz,,, if we had done a poll it would have been very high voting to blow up a POS poulan so i did,,,, it was my saw,,,i bought and paid for it and i had the freaking right to do as i please with it,,, even if i had rebuilt the thing to make it run right i could not even given the dang thing away,,, i know i have tried,, so i wanted to have a bit of fun and relieve some stress so i blew the thing up,, so there :msp_tongue::msp_tongue::msp_tongue::msp_tongue:

I could care less what you do with your money, your Poulan, or your Echo 8000. I just don't understand the need to blow it up. To each his own. Sorry for disrupting such a valuable thread.

muddawg

muddawg

ArboristSite Operative
Not productive in any way, shape or form. Always thought this site was for the preservation/restoration of all fuel driven equipment. Sends the wrong message to all

YES IT IS , PRODUCTIVE !

NO IT DOESN'T ! ,send the wrong message

If you werent so busy looking to urinate in someones cherrios...

It shows those who may not know ,...what a lean saw sounds like

and how tough 2 strokes are

and that brief straight gassed engine doesnt always mean complete and total destruction of piston and cylinder

MERRY CHRISTMAS

mike

o8f150

o8f150

Tree Freak
I could care less what you do with your money, your Poulan, or your Echo 8000. I just don't understand the need to blow it up. To each his own. Sorry for disrupting such a valuable thread.

would you put twice the money of whats it worth to fix it, i really doubt it,,, echo 8000?? i don't have any echos

Latest posts