how to change set points on woodmaser

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowaowb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have had a woodmaster 5500 for four years has worked fine with the factory set points of 160 start 170 shutoff when it was just the dhw, and 5000 sq ft house (new construction) and garage (attch). Just built and hooked up a 30 x 56 x 10 pole building r-19 walls and r50 lids and just had our first cold snap and it seems to be falling on its face as far has temp. Any suggestions? It was supposed to be sized to heat this amount when purchased. I thought it would help recovery to raise the set points. However can not find manual.

If yours had a readout on the side of the stove all you have to do is hold the set button in until the red dot in the top left hand corner of the display starts blincking. When it does this it is in the program mode and you push the up arrow until you get to what you want. Then go back and push the set button until the dot quits blinking. Keep close watch on it on warmer days because when set on a high temp it may boil over. Hope this will help you.

Thank you for the information. I did set it 10 higher and so far has helped. Been busy bringing about 10 cord into shed today. All of us are tired. At the end of week it is going to be cold so we will see then.

I have my Woodmaster set to come on at 155 and off at 175 and it has worked well. The longer burn times keep the fan from cycling on and off all the time and keep creosote to almost zero.

You pretty close to maxing out that 5500, think about all the square footage you are heating, in addition to your hot water. I hope you have a lot of wood cut:cheers:

Latest posts

Back