How to use paypal to accept credit card payments....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custom8726

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Heres the deal, we have an acount with a large company that just requested our services for multiple rental properties. The catch is they want us to accept payment now (BEFORE 1-1-09) so they can bill it to the 08 maintance budget. We have a credit card machine but we have not used it in awhile and when we got it out to bill the customer last minute of course:bang: we relized that some how the charger was misplaced and the machine was dead. I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to make my pay-pal account accept the payment so I can then transfer that to my buisness account since our buisness CCM is dead. Now 2 hrs before the end of the year I am no further ahead and need some insight from anyone that has used P.P. to accept CCP in the past. Thanks in advance...

I believe that any PP account can accept CC payments. Its on the buyer or payer end to make the CC payment option, and not the seller or receiver end.

Heres the deal, we have an acount with a large company that just requested our services for multiple rental properties. The catch is they want us to accept payment now (BEFORE 1-1-09) so they can bill it to the 08 maintance budget. We have a credit card machine but we have not used it in awhile and when we got it out to bill the customer last minute of course:bang: we relized that some how the charger was misplaced and the machine was dead. I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to make my pay-pal account accept the payment so I can then transfer that to my buisness account since our buisness CCM is dead. Now 2 hrs before the end of the year I am no further ahead and need some insight from anyone that has used P.P. to accept CCP in the past. Thanks in advance...
You can phone in the charge to your credit card company 24/7 and get a voice authorization. You will need your merchant ID number though.

I believe that any PP account can accept CC payments. Its on the buyer or payer end to make the CC payment option, and not the seller or receiver end.

Say again:dizzy: I have accepted payments and made payments through pay pal for E-Bay transactions before but I never tryed to accept a CCP through Pay-Pal before... I give up:censored: They will just have to figure out how to budget us in for 09 or post date a check or something, I give up..

Last edited:
Can you explain that a little more?? I am not following..
The merchant services company you are using to process your charges with will also have a 24 hour call center you can call to do a voice charge. It will cost you a little more, but the charge will go through. The big kicker is that you will still need to batch out before midnight for the charge to be credited to today's date.

in order to accept CC payments you must UPGRADE your paypal account to a business or premiere account and then you can invoice you client via email and they can pay the invoice but you will lose a few bucks in transaction fees.

Why can't they just write a check and back date it?

don't worry about upgrading your account... you can do it later when you accept the funds.

here's how you do it... have buyer send your paypal account $xxx funds. when sending funds... go slow on each paypal screen.

paypal puts a tiny link under funding. click on this link to bring up options for other forms of funding paypal being sent. select credit card... then another screen will pop up... with paypal warning you how bad it is to fund with credit card. accept confirmation for credit card option.

then it finally will allow you to send credit card funded paypal.

note: paypal doesn't want you to send credit card funded paypal. because buyer is protected ... if seller scams buyer... then credit card co will yank funds back from paypal... regardless if seller has already yanked funds from his account. normally paypal will tell you tuff sh*t no funds. but if funded with credit card... you will get your funds back.

that's why paypal makes it so hard to used credit cards to fund paypal.

don't worry about upgrading your account... you can do it later when you accept the funds.

here's how you do it... have buyer send your paypal account $xxx funds. when sending funds... go slow on each paypal screen.

paypal puts a tiny link under funding. click on this link to bring up options for other forms of funding paypal being sent. select credit card... then another screen will pop up... with paypal warning you how bad it is to fund with credit card. accept confirmation for credit card option.

then it finally will allow you to send credit card funded paypal.

note: paypal doesn't want you to send credit card funded paypal. because buyer is protected ... if seller scams buyer... then credit card co will yank funds back from paypal... regardless if seller has already yanked funds from his account. normally paypal will tell you tuff sh*t no funds. but if funded with credit card... you will get your funds back.

that's why paypal makes it so hard to used credit cards to fund paypal.

Very true. PayPal uses some shady methods to make sure it keeps your money. There is now a class action lawsuit against them for making the "use alternate payment source" bar unclickable, a few years back. I am a party to this suit, since I lost money on a bad deal off of eBay. If things go well, I should get my money back this year. We'll see.

Man, that pay-pal crap is for the birds. Atleast for anything but E-Bay transactions. I just got fed up with it and decided It would be easier for this corporation to post date a check then for me to spend all night jumping through hoops. Usually its simple for us to accept credit cards, simply swipe the card through our portable, wireless terminal and it prints a reciet and transfer's the money to the business account..

You need to talk to your processing company and learn how to take payments without actually having the card. I can enter my customer's info on to my processors website and get my payment. I also can keep track of my account through the site. If I have to, I can also call the info in.

You need to talk to your processing company and learn how to take payments without actually having the card. I can enter my customer's info on to my processors website and get my payment. I also can keep track of my account through the site. If I have to, I can also call the info in.

I could have called the payment in but it was new years eve and no one was around. The credit card machine we have is actually pretty nice, its basically just a cell phone with a place to swipe a credit card, it also has a wireless printer about the size of a cell phone. We can swipe the card and print the reciet for the customer instantly and the money is in our buisness account within 24 hr's. I thought it was going to be a big hit last year when I bought it but it hardly ever gets used. (HENCE) how the charger got misplaced...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back