Howdy Neighbor!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
raisedspruce008.jpg

Originally this client wanted to remove a few of these spruce but I recommended we do this and told him to sleep on it before he decided.

raisedspruce003.jpg

There were 12 in all, each raised to about head high.

raisedspruce004.jpg

The one on the right would be the twelf one. That is what they looked like before.

raisedspruce011.jpg

One reason I did recomend this sort of thing was for better maintenance. You can see the vines, poison ivy and mullberry which have been growing up through the trees. Now these things can be maintained. Its also easier to for to mow the grass.

raisedspruce010.jpg

Looks great! I too like to keep them cut up high enough, that I don't have to duck when mowing/trimming.:cheers:

Actually, you did a nice job and the property does look good, but I kinda like the before more than the after. But you did come up with the best solution over cutting them down.

All in all I took out two full loads of chips and rakings. Going by the hour meter on the chipper it ran for just about 1 hour total on this job though the whole job took me about 10 hours.

While I was doing that the HO and his kids were hacking down this and bringing other branches from the back for me to chip.

raisedspruce007.jpg

One of the kids had a tow strap which I prompty proceded to snap trying to yank the stump on the right there.

I had left the chipper there overnight and was a little peeved to find one of the engine covers off when I came back but I forgave them when they came out and handed me a G in green... and another bottle of water.

I had The Dan work his coniving little ass off on this one while I stood around and sipped Kool-Aid and hobbed knobbed with the neighbors. Now I got some advice from none other than the Haycock Tree Climber, he said I shouldn't work alone but far be it for him to tell me cause that guy is way more nuts than me!:cheers:

Now for something completely different:

raisedspruce001.jpg

There is my little girl's little boyfriend. They go at each other like they were married. I tell my daughter, I say " Sarah, you have got to stop beating up on that kid". But even with that they are like frick and frack. His name is Chase and today he told me his mom told him to stop playing with Sarah. I told him that he don't know how lucky he is.

Then there's this:

raisedspruce002.jpg

Rack em up Sweetheart, you're doing a fine job!

And just wait one cotton picking minute TreeCo! Did someone give you permission to refer to me as " son"? That is not what I meant by being relative.:)

Looks great! I too like to keep them cut up high enough, that I don't have to duck when mowing/trimming.:cheers:

If something wasn't done, within a few years they would have been strangled by vines and the like. I yanked a few mullberry saplings from underneath as well. One just can't get in there to hog that stuff out. Now it can be done and its important it be done.
The lady HO loved it, she said it looked " so cute!", the guy was a bit wary but I left the decision up to him. It will only be a little bit before the higher branches start to sag lower anyway.
I told the HO that nature really ain't that nice, its full of poison ivy and whatnot. I also told him his yard ain't nature either, its Suburbia! Love it or leave it!

Looks like an awfully boring job.. nice compromise vs. removal tough.

:cheers:

Yeah, it wasn't quite as fun as it looked but what it was, the thing that kept me slogging along, was how proud Treeco would be of me when I finished!

That stuff is hard on the knives though. Lotsa dirt falling down from the top branches onto the lower ones.

You really filled your truck twice with them? I don't know if I remember your truck being bigger or if it's just me underestimating the amount of material in spruces again. Either way, glad to see you got your munchkin trained.

You really filled your truck twice with them? I don't know if I remember your truck being bigger or if it's just me underestimating the amount of material in spruces again. Either way, glad to see you got your munchkin trained.

Yeah, like I said those low limbs are dirty, dulled the knives quick. Plus a lot of stuff didn't go through the chipper, it was shoveled on the truck.Spruce and pine will fill a truck fast.

The HO and his two boys were quite impressed with the chipper. I guess that is why they took the cover off, to look at the motor. I told them I really should have bagged the chipper and bought a Corvette and if I did I wouldn't be talking to them at that time as I would be out running them off the road instead of hacking up the dam spruce trees.

The HO and his two boys were quite impressed with the chipper. I guess that is why they took the cover off, to look at the motor. I told them I really should have bagged the chipper and bought a Corvette and if I did I wouldn't be talking to them at that time as I would be out running them off the road instead of hacking up the dam spruce trees.

Good answer. :dizzy: And then they asked, how would you buy a Covette if my Daddy didn't pay your ass? Nice job. Cute kid.

Good answer. :dizzy: And then they asked, how would you buy a Covette if my Daddy didn't pay your ass? Nice job. Cute kid.

Naw, its just a joke I tell people. You see, with the money I paid for the chipper I could have bought a corvette and if I had a corvette, well... I surely wouldn't be talking to you... especially bout no dam trees!:cheers:

You should read the PM's!

Well, judging from the last one I think I can safely say we actually agree on at least one thing... but I never left a tip.
So that is a fact then? Old Man TreeCo likes to get cheek deep in some Tang? Go git um Tiger!

Latest posts

Back