Hows the 441 handle a 28-32"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjcole50

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Eyeing down the 441cm as my next saw. Im thinking of running 24" full time and having a 32" for the rare times its needed. I know safely i could run 20 and 28 when needed but just curious. Also is it true there is a difference in the oiler output from the 441cm and the 441cm r? My 550xp took a poop the other day only aboug 16 cord through her. Pulled plug replaced for the hell of it and she fired back up. Any chance someone can tell me id the xp saws primer bulb begins to be solid after so many pumps? Could of sworn it used to but i also noticed it doesnt build pressure like i tbought it used to. Call me crazy to many small motors around here for me to remember but i thought it did.

the 441 c-m is a awesome firewood saw i run a 20 inch bar most of the time and i have a 28 inch for when i need it. it pulls the 28 inch bar just fine. terrific saw :numberone:

On the west coast 70cc saws can all run 36"(but ONLY when it's raining). On the east coast they can't handle more than 20". In Australia yer lucky if that saw will pull a 16" without stalling. Pick any size in between if you live in between those locations.

My local shop is still offering the 461 for $50 more than the 441, not sure if this applies to the R's. If I didn't already have a 461 I'd snap that up in a heartbeat. Sorry, for the quasi diversion, but it's definitely something to consider. I love my 461 and am not sold on the M-tronic yet. However, I've never run a 441cm.

Latest posts

Back