HP Ultra in 028AV Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

17fireball

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just completed a carb rebuild on an 028 AV Super and am going through some carb adjustments. Unfortunately, I do not have a tach yet. I also just switched from standard Stihl (orange bottle) oil to HP Ultra. My question is: with HP Ultra can I still use the coloration of the plug (slight brownish color) as an indicator that I have my (H) screw dialed in properly? The reason for the question is that I have read in other threads about the clean burning characteristics of the HP Ultra. After richening up from my first adjustments the saw is much stronger through the cut, but when I pulled the plug after makings some WOT cuts my plug looks pretty clean and the insulator is white. Appreciate any comments from users of HP Ultra.

Learning to tune by the sound that the engine makes will be much more helpful...

Listen for the two-stroke---four-stroke break while adjusting the H screw, then tweak to the rich side.

Latest posts

Back